Menu
Lindamc1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Number change

• I changed from another provider 4 week's weeks ago. Carphone warehouse said they would take care of the swap, including transferring my old number over. However, despite paying Virgin I am still connected to O2 and the number had not been transferred over. I am now paying two airtime bills!!!! Can't get through on the phone to anyone. I'm an on call medic so need a phone!!!!!
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Number change

Unfortunately this is what happens when an agent is in the middle between you and Virgin. Things get lost on the way. I think you need to get back to Carphone and find out what they have done to earn their commission.  Someone has to get the PAC code from O2. Did they do that?

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Lindamc1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry to hear this, I can appreciate the frustration. 

As asked above, did you get a PAC from O2 yourself? Due to data protection nobody else would be able to request this but yourself. 

If it's something you have then I can certainly take a look at things and help get it sorted. 

:)

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Lindamc1
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma

Yes I asked for the PAC code and gave it to the guy from carphone warehouse. He said he'd sort it all. That code had now expired as it was weeks ago! Can't get hold of anyone at carphone warehouse!!

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I do apologise. 

I can pop you a message and we can have a closer look and see if there's anything we can do from here 

If the code has expired it might be that you need to contact O2 again for another one and ensure the contract gets canceled with them as well. 

I'll pop you a message now 🙂

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for getting in touch about this Lindamc1, 

We wouldn't have been able to help if you didn't and you'd end up with a contract with us and O2 still. 

Any further issues let me know 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team