Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Not allowed to lodge a complaint with Virgin Mobile

I got a great offer from Virgin mobile today, I'm currently 7 months into a 12 month contract 4+1gb 1500mins & unlimited txts for £7pcm and they have told me they are cancelling my contract and moving me to another contract which is £14pcm !! When I phoned they said I had 3 options, leave, put up with it and swallow the increase or change to another deal and incur a penalty charge for leaving my contract early? Are these people for real? I have 5 mobile contracts with them and home broadband which I've had for 20 years so much for customer loyalty, they wouldn't even let me lodge a formal complaint saying they had the right change my contract. 

Virgin have been grating me for a while now with their price increases on my home broadband and this is the tipping point I'm off to OFCOM and I'm pulling all my contracts as they come up for renewal.

Am I alone in being treated like this ????

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not allowed to lodge a complaint with Virgin Mobile

You are not alone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

This has raised it's ugly head before recently.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Virgin-Mobile-contract-changed-without-consultati...

Particularly post #4

I'd complain to cisas, as they are the regulatory body for vm (or resolver).

Up to you, but tv/BB/phone is technically a different division of vm (unless you are on oomph)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi woodyandbert,

Thanks for posting. 

Although we don’t like to, sometimes we increase our prices. This enables us to continue to invest in the network and offer exciting new additions to our services. We are always committed to giving the best products and services to our customers for the best value which is why being a Virgin Mobile customers gives you access to Data free messaging, monthly Data Rollover, access to Virgin Media hotspots throughout the UK and Worldwide and F-Secure internet security. 

I'll be honest, the options you've been given would be correct if you do have the right to cancel on the phone account in question. I was sorry to read however that you were not able to raise a complaint. The resolution would have been the same as advised above, however that should have been raised. 

I'll PM you now to get this done and logged for you, however please note for your expectations the resolution given will not change sadly. The complaint will be logged to ensure we have recorded your dissatisfaction. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I've just been told something similar..told that I'm getting a new contract and HAVE no choice other than to accept or leave Virgin...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

After speaking to OFCOM I phoned again to make a formal complaint, This time I was treated differently and my complaint was listened to and logged and I was allowed to move to an almost identical package as what I previously had had, I'm now on 3gb & 1500min for £7 per month plus £1 making it discount making it £6pcm and all I have lost is 2 gb of data and had to start an other 12 month contract. The matter is resolved for now but I will be changing all my mobiles (5) and my home phone and broadband to a different provider at a pace that suits me as I'm not going to be treated like this by Virgin.

For the record it says in the press that they are scrapping certain packages which is BS I have another 2 phone contracts the same as the one they have changed which are lightly used but they only changed the wife's phone which is the most used funny that?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me. 

I am glad you've got a resolution to the complaint you're happy with. Please let me know if there is anything further we can assist with.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@woodyandbert wrote:

For the record it says in the press that they are scrapping certain packages which is BS I have another 2 phone contracts the same as the one they have changed which are lightly used but they only changed the wife's phone which is the most used funny that?

Usually when a provider phases out an old tariff customers are gradually moved to new tariffs in batches. When Three axed their 'OnePlan' a few years ago it took about 18 months before all customers were moved off it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Customer Service, what a joke.....number was supposed to port on Friday from Tesco Mobile 10 O'Clock Friday morning I checked number from my mobile and it was working (Virgin M to Virgin M) then later in the day it transpired if calls or texts were from non Virgin M numbers not working.

Fri VM said will be working by midnight.

Sat VM said would be working by midnight

Sunday when it was still not working my girlfriend (who suffers from anxiety) was short of sleep and a 'bit anxious' to say the least, a long phone call and it should be up and running by Wednesday! Despite advising this phone is for a vulnerable customer there was no way to escalate. They will call Weds morning at 10 to confirm working....

Monday despite advising this phone is for a vulnerable customer there was no way to escalate.

Tuesday despite advising this phone is for a vulnerable customer there was no way to escalate, got cut off they called back twice but just let the phone ring for literally 1 second! No way can I answer that fast.Called can't get through went on web chat for 7 hours and Txt message thing NO PROGRESS

Wednesday no call received called and got cut off no call back, called again insisted on speaking to a manager after 1 hour 8 mins and spoken to a manager still have no idea when service is likely to be active.

These guys are useless, I think other half has gone out to buy a new SIM and cancel her DDr, service is shocking I understand things can go wrong but to be messed about and feel lied to by Customer Services is pathetic. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @CharlieBearBB

Welcome to our Community and thank you so much for taking the time to post to our wall; I was very sorry to understand that you've had so many issues with your number port from another provider; this should be a simple process that is done quickly without hardly a break in service. 

We'll need to access the account to take a closer look for you; the one we have located via your forum information does not seem to match your query so I'll pop you a Private Message to take some information from you in order to assist you further. 

Please look out for the Purple Envelope on the top right and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos