Menu
NAiT
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No one to talk to

I don't get it, only help you get from Virgin Mobile is a link sent to your phone and then they cut you off, really bad service. I lost my sim card that I have never used and I want to start using it. Unfortunately I do not know the number so thats the web service out as I can't reset my password. ANY IDEAS ANY ONE  thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Johnboy5
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No one to talk to

Call   0345 6000 789

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi NAiT, thanks for contacting us and sorry for the delayed reply. Have you now managed to speak to us and get the sim card? Please let us know and we will assist where possible ^Chris 

0 Kudos
djpleasure
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Chris can you private message me please as clicking the message you does not work for me.

I am about to jumpship, thought i would have one last chance at trying to sort things

I do not want to phone...AGAIN

#Chris_W1

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

HI djpleasure, can you confirm what the query is regarding? Chris. 

0 Kudos
djpleasure
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

1st, My contract was supposed to be 18 month, price locked, it turns out it is 12 months.

So technically was mis-sold so not under any obligation to continue contract, as i am officially out of contract not obliged to give 30 days notice as the product received was not what I agreed to. I had been for over a month been trying to get through to cancel, but excessive waiting, then if answered transferred, then no answer or line drops.

I wanted to leave but ended but this just being debated and Virgin quoting policy rather than following consumer law.

Personally I cant afford the package any more, but was going to get my flat mate to take on when I leave. I am then advised, after I leave, nobody in property can sign up for new account for 2 months. This left me gobsmacked and confused, VM yes are going to lose this loyal customer but get a new one paying more! makes no sense, Virgins total disregard for helping loyal existing customers will one day be the demise of VM, mark my words.

I spoke to an agent overseas, he quoted me £99 for the ultimate ooomph bundle, flat, no other fees, but at the time was not sure, this was 7th December, I later spoke to a UK agent, couldn't do a deal really at all, I asked why if i can get the deal with the offshore agent, to which could not explain, but I cancelled my cancellation as wanted to go back to the overseas agent to take up the offer.

hat last call was 09th Dec. This time i am quoted £104, all in, annoyed, but I accepted. Went through over 1/2 hour setting it all up, going through credit checks, then right at the end she states £35 connection fee! Noting it was at the time waivered for anyone else.

I did earlier in call state, I dont want extra box as no room or need for it, dont want sports and kids, but advised that was part of the package.

I most definitely was not going to pay £35

I will be leaving so please take this as my notice, I am not going to sit for long periods trying to get through over the phone.

I cannot believe, VM, award new customers at present Ultimate Oomph plus waivered install fee £175 via topcashback going down to £150, or £75/£75 referral, but complete disregard for existing customers. My Partner and I have been loyal for decades

I am also amazed but not surprised, you cant really complain, I submitted a form, it failed. The Resolver Website, Virgin choose not to take part, ironically they also opt to be omitted from review websites.

Off the back of this, VM happy to give massive cash rewards and incentives to existing customers, but would happily lose me over the £35 connection charge

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi djpleasure, thanks for the message and sorry that there appear to be an issue with the contract. All contracts are subject to price increase and discounts appear for a set period and will show on the contract. As per the terms and conditions of service the 30 days notice period would apply. The service would have to be disconnect for a period of time to be classed as a new customer and if you wish to transfer the service this can be done via a name change which can be found here. We would always aim to give the best possible deal available. Have you now managed to take out the oomph package? The activation fee would be applicate for both new customers and existing customers. Have you been able to take the oomph deal or was this never added to the account? Chris 

0 Kudos
djpleasure
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No, I said not to bother with the bundle, however receive an email today about direct debit confirmation for sim /airtime

This should never have gone through, so i reply to email, typical of VM, Recipient inbox full

Please can you sort this, message me for account details etc. I cant be dealing with the stress of phoning due to severe illness.

I wish to cancel all services please. I will take my loyalty elsewhere

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi djpleasure, I will send you a private message so that we can see what has happened. Chris

0 Kudos