cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nightmare after Christmas

servicedisabled
Tuning in

Have had the nightmare after Christmas with virgin mobile.

I am a virgin mobile PAYG customer and have been for many, many
years. I had a credit of £4.94, I called on 27/12/21 and asked for partof it to be
credited back to my account. The whole amount was credited. Immediately my
mobile phone, an LG L90 405n stopped working and said on the screen "service
disabled" I called Virgin mobile (VM) who said, take the sim out, put it back in,
repeat, repeat, repeat. Turn the phone off, turn it on, repeat, repeat, repeat. Then
told I did hot have any credit They credited the phone with £2, But still remained in
"service disabled" mode I have made numerous calls to VM between 27th
December 2021 and 03 January 2022. Then told the sim needed replacing, they
sent a new sim, the phone continued to say "service disabled" Called again on 29th
December and was told I needed to speak with second line support, was promised a
call back at 11am on 3rd January 2022, no phone call returned. Called VM,
repeated the who saga, was eventually put through to VM second line support and
cut off. Called VM again, refused to put me through to second line support and told
by Customer Services I did not have enough credit and hence phone will not work.
Told them they were not being honest. Called VM again, spoke with a person, finally
after repeating everything that had happened I was put through to Mobile Faults.
After a long conversation it appears the sim is working but the phone has been
"switched off" in preparation by VM as the service is due to shut down on 10th
January 2022. I have not been able to use my phone since 27th December, it has
been a huge inconvenience and with no mobile phone service. I own the handset as was purchased from a virgin shop. 

Was told today that if "I purchased a monthly plan" it can be turned on and my phone will work. I've found an alternative provider who is much easier to deal with. I just want my hand set to be taken out of "service disabled" mode, feels as though I am being held to ransom. Am hoping that from 11 Jan it goes into No network mode, here's hoping.

HELP

7 REPLIES 7

servicedisabled
Tuning in

Have had the nightmare after christmas with virgin mobile.

I am a virgin mobile PAYG customer and have been for many, many
years. I had a credit of £4.94, I called on 27/12/21 and asked for partof it to be
credited back to my account. The whole amount was credited. Immediately my
mobile phone, an LG L90 405n stopped working and said on the screen "service
disabled" I called Virgin mobile (VM) who said, take the sim out, put it back in,
repeat, repeat, repeat. Turn the phone off, turn it on, repeat, repeat, repeat. Then
told I did hot have any credit They credited the phone with £2, But still remained in
"service disabled" mode I have made numerous calls to VM between 27th
December 2021 and 03 January 2022. Then told the sim needed replacing, they
sent a new sim, the phone continued to say "service disabled" Called again on 29th
December and was told I needed to speak with second line support, was promised a
call back at 11am on 3rd January 2022, no phone call returned. Called VM,
repeated the who saga, was eventually put through to VM second line support and
cut off. Called VM again, refused to put me through to second line support and told
by Customer Services I did not have enough credit and hence phone will not work.
Told them they were not being honest. Called VM again, spoke with a person, finally
after repeating everything that had happened I was put through to Mobile Faults.
After a long conversation it appears the sim is working but the phone has been
"switched off" in preparation by VM as the service is due to shut down on 10th
January 2022. I have not been able to use my phone since 27th December, it has
been a huge inconvenience and with no mobile phone service. I own the handset as was purchased from a virgin shop. 

Was told today that if "I purchased a monthly plan" it can be turned on and my phone will work. I've found an alternative provider who is much easier to deal with. I just want my hand set to be taken out of "service disabled" mode, feels as though I am being held to ransom. Am hoping that from 11 Jan it goes into No network mode, here's hoping.

HELP, HELP, HELP, HELP, HELP, HELP, HELP, HELP, HELP, HELP, HELP, HELP, HELP

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good morning servicedisabled

Sorry to hear this has happend 

Can I send you a private message to obtain the details for this phone and PAYG sim

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for those details servicedisabled

The handset will be active again in the next 24 hours 

Sorry for the stress this may have caused you 

Gareth_L

servicedisabled
Tuning in

How can I delete my virgin mobile online account

Having written on 7 th January 2022 to The Virgin Media Team Virgin Media Sunderland SR43 4AA and been totally ignored how can my virgin mobile PAYG online account and all details be removed permanently as Virgin Mobile continue to be probably the WORST PAYG provider in the entire universe. 

I use resolver.co.uk to deal with them as it gives you a route to escalation. 
Virgin will write back with an automated email to say that they can’t deal with you using the resolver service.
However, once it does get escalated to senior people within their business or ultimately the ombudsman they miraculously find a way to deal with you!!!

It takes a bit of time, but is worth it in the end as they get held to account. 

Hope this helps and good luck!

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Well PAYG finished on 11th January, but you can claim any balance until the end of this year. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

servicedisabled
Tuning in

F, Fr, Fru, Frus, Frust, Fustr, Frustra, Frustrat, Frustrati, Frustratio, Frustration, FRUSTRATION

<iframe width="759" height="753" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/O1FG7ZwSioI" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Nightmare after Christmas 2021 and it still is NOT resolved

When oh when are you going to get this issue resolved or is it going to continue till Christmas 2022

So why is the webteam refusing to engage and resolve an issue regarding Virgin Mobile

It is the ongoing never ending Nightmare after Christmas 2021 which I have been enduring

The only thing deadlocked is their inability to use a keyboard and sending the email with the supposed deadlock letter 

They chucked 121,000 people under the bus when they withdrew the Virgin Mobile PAYG service, it has left me with a handset purchased from Virgin Mobile that they put into ,service disabled mode making it unusable as a handset to make and receive calls and texts  

Virgin Media based in Sunderland have no email or telephone number and fail to respond to letters in a timely manner

A company that has no regard for current or long term former customers

What does the webteam have to say can not wait for the response or failure to reply