cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone - £100 trade in promo code

bringmethecakes
Joining in

I’ll keep this short. Back in October I ordered the iPhone 12 Pro and Apple Watch bundle. When ordering I also was entitled to the £100 extra for trading in my old phone (my own phone not through vought from virgin).  

I received a sms from virgin back in November stating I would receive the code within 21 days. Well that has came and gone and nothing. 

I speak to the support team via sms who tell me just to go ahead with the trade in and it will miraculously give me an extra £100 once it’s complete.....despite it asking for the promo code during the brightstar trade in. 

see the blatant blagging from multiple virgin support staff : screenshots below 

https://ibb.co/FnSMXHj
https://ibb.co/pfLR9bD
https://ibb.co/gzfvFqN

So now I’ve started the trade in as advised (without entering the promo code that I was told I would receive). I know I won’t just somehow get this £100 extra this way but atleast I have proof of what virgin has advised. 

also raised a complaint 10 days ago via the complaints form on the virgin site. No response but again that’s no surprise. 

Can anyone help?

35 REPLIES 35

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi bringmethecakes,

Welcome to the Community Forums, I'm very sorry for our delayed response from here, and to hear of the situation you're in regarding the Trade Up of your old handset.

I'd very much like to look into this for you and do my best to help. I've sent you over a PM, so pleas check out the purple envelope for my message whenever you get the chance to take a look.

In regards to your complaint, we aim to resolve all complaints within 28 days, so it's not too worrying that you haven't received a response as of yet, however I appreciate why you're frustrated given what's happened so far. I can also look into the complaint for you over PM.

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth

lpf1997
Joining in

I've had the exact same issue! Purchased a new iPhone 12 on the 4th November, within the dates of the stated promotion, and still don't have a code. I think I have spent about 15 hours trying to get this sorted through customer service and NO ONE is helping me. Surely this should be an easy fix by just sending out a simple code that didn't arrive in the first place?

I just know that they expect us t give up eventually so they don't have to give out the £100, even though the offer was clearly there on the website when I purchased the phone (and still is!!).

I've also had a complaint put through but its 2 weeks later and nothing.

Did you get anywhere with this? Did you end up getting the extra £100 without the code?

NickKennedy86
On our wavelength

Sorry to hijack this, did you get the result you needed from this? I'm going through the same thing with the S21 promo at the moment. I've been assured I'll get an update within 24 hours to tell me if I'm eligible (I am) and where my code is, though I'm not very optimistic about it.

Hello NickKennedy86

Thanks also for your post 

Can I just ask have you received any updates since your post 

Gareth_L

Hi, thanks for replying so quickly. 

Update as of this evening is that I've finally received a promo code, but the twist is that it doesn't actually work!

Thanks

Nick

Interesting thread, I have just received an email regarding the trade in following a recent upgrade and the promo code I received doesn't work either - just says there is 'No promotion on the above voucher code/New device IMEI

Yes, that's the exact same issue I'm having. I'm currently awaiting response from either here or via the text messaging service, so I'll be sure to loop you back in if I get anywhere.

Long story short, I passed security on the text service 2 hours ago and have gotten literally nowhere. I sent the initial text at 15:16 this afternoon.

I've yet again had to repeat myself to the agent, telling the same story that was told yesterday but with the additional detail of the code not working. Turns out I am required to call the faults team about the code, or call a 3rd party company who weren't the ones that sold me the contract under this promotion.

Why this is being made intentionally difficult I don't know. The contracts are being sold to customers based on these promotions. I've told them to have the complaints team contact me directly with a resolution to save me the runaround.

If one of the folks monitoring these forums wants to step in with a sensible approach please do.

Hi, I’m having the exact same problem/error code.  Did a live chat with them this morning (5th one since I upgraded my phone trying to get the code) and she has raised the issue with the IT dept who know about the error and are looking into it, so keep trying and hopefully they will sort it sometime today.  Not holding my breath and can anticipate another live chat in a few days! Am also anticipating that when they get the phone they will find ‘some problem’ with it and lower the price they pay!   If I hear any more I’ll let you know.