Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New contracts

Hi I tried to get 2x iPhone xr, a couple of weeks ago over the phone, my credit score is perfect never had any issues with anything before, however it was declined by equifax/virgin, so we travelled to the nearest virgin store the following weekend to try and shed some light on the problem the gentleman said he can't see what the issue is the screen was displaying I had the best rating, so he said he would email the relevant people at virgin and get back to me by the following Wednesday, no one contacted so today I thought I would try again over the phone to see if anything was done, guess what same credit rating not good enough, but like the 1st call I was told I can have a lower calibre handset that I don't want, I'm convinced this is a scam to get folk to see deals, phone virgin then get fobbed off with bad credit, just to shift old handsets you don't want, so after hours of transfers via virgin off shore call centre and a trip 35 miles to the nearest virgin store I have got no where.

Also been a virgin media customer for 15yrs ntl before that Im starting to consider if its worth ditching it and go elsewhere for a better deal. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New contracts

I’ve been with virgin media for over 10 years. I’ve been with virgin mobile for around a year or so, have 2 contracts and 2 sim only deals. 
tried to update the sim only deals to the xr and was told no, but I could have a cheap Huawei. 
was told this is because I’d moved house. Even though I’ve got everything else here. 

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Seems a common problem, got to be the biggest con going to unload cheap handsets that people don't necessarily want, makes me want to quit all virgin media. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

'was told no, but I could have a cheap Huawei. was told this is because I’d moved house'

the longer living at the same place improves a credit rating both internally and externally. it's the same as when someone applies for things like a credit card. if you have lived at the same house and been with the same company for 10 years you are regarded as 'stable' and more likely to get what you want. if you have just moved and or just started a new job some companies can see that as a risk.
0 Kudos