Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

New SIM not working

The new SIM I have received for my phone [REMOVED] is still not working, even though your agent has activated it.  I had to wait 24 hours, but the phone still did not work.  I've now put the old SIM back in the phone, and now only have Emergency call access.  Please can you help?  I ring the helpline, but I seem to spend so much time waiting on the phone.  The phone I'm using is a Samsung Galaxy J3.

I appreciate that due to the pandemic, your call centres are understaffed, but as you are requesting that we switch to the new SIM, there should be more staff to help with these problems.  I can't get any help from your website.  I have tried the text message service 07533016422, but that is a Virtual service, which isn't very helpful.  Is there any chance that someone could call on our home phone [REMOVED].  

Linda

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: New SIM not working

Hi lps22,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums. Sorry that the activated SIM did not work. I'll PM you to get your account details, 

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I can't seem to find a PM from you.  Can you tell me where this would be?  I've checked in notifications and messages.  Many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have only just tried to join this forum as I have given up trying to get a very similar problem resolved. Ironically I spoke to a couple of people at virgin in the Philippines prior to changing my sim asking them to verify that the problems I currently have would not come about as a result of changing the SIM that they insisted I had to do.  Failed callbacks and no responses to any information sent online have left me for 5 days with no mobile activity so their website telling you to do things or receive things from your mobile is insulting to say the least.  I have given them a landline number to speak to me but nothing - it was bad enough being left on hold before the problems started - several times for over an hour.  I started a so called live chat exposing all the details of what has happened, what I have tried, details of the phone including the IMEI number and that is never recognised even though I am certain of the data sent.  I have requested my PAC number but no response - why should I have any faith in this company with such bad customer service ?  Has anyone got a free phone landline number for their customer service ? I'm not willing to ring their normal number only to be running up bills with no guarantee a satisfactory resolution.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Jones_alan and welcome to our community.

Can we please confirm if this is in regards to an unlock code needed to use the new SIM cards?

Can we also please confirm if you requested the PAC code through text or on your online account? 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily, just back from work.  Yes, the code is an unlock code for a sim they sent out due to changes they are making and not anything to do with me.  It's supposed to be on a letter sent with the SIM but it isn't.  I can't send texts or make calls so the request for the PAC code was done by signing in to my account and was added to the main part of my request to resolve the problem as I couldn't see this progressing satisfactorily.  In fact I turned up to work today only to be told by my employer that they had been trying to get in touch with me to alter my work schedule - yet another consequence of Virgin not sorting out this problem and the annoying insistence that virtually everything can be sorted out online - well it most certainly can't and I stumbled on this forum quite by accident when I had almost given up - fingers crossed you can do something or advise accordingly.

Regards

Alan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming Alan, I'll pop you over a private message so we can go through security and try to rectify this. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi again, I've never had a PM before on any platform - how do I see / access it when it arrives ?  Sorry for appearing stupid but certain things aren't familiar - thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No problem Alan, you should be able to see this by going to the purple envelope which should be in the top right of your screen.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I looked at the envelope which currently has a 1 on it but the contents are an acknowledgement of my current status - I guess that you communicate through this to ask personal details that aren't meant for general public consumption.  Not being familiar with these forms of communication and often struggle to control Facebook I tend to simply use email but I'll keep an eye out for any questions that may be a help.  One of my main concerns is losing the link and/or correspondence sent and received by pressing the wrong button and losing contact with yourselves.  It would be handy to have an "idiot's guide" to these various platforms so that a newcomer wouldn't feel so potentially confused/intimidated - it may exist within the system but even when I try a logical approach I often get lost and discouraged by my apparent misunderstanding - anyway I hope to see your next update - thanks for your patience.

0 Kudos