Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

New SIM card SMS Help

Hiya all,

I started receiving SMS' way back in July 2020 about a new SIM card for my very old PAYG service and using my online Virgin Mobile account, I requested the new SIM card.

The new SIM card arrived and I have been using it since end of July - all is well!

But I still receive SMS' asking me to reply with my postcode ever since!!!

I have even tried to reply to these SMS' BUT I CAN'T!!!! Every reply to 789445 fails with the message "Couldn't send message". Even creating a new SMS and sending it to 789445 fails.

So, question is how can I stop VirginMedia SMSing me every Monday since July and how can I reply to this SMS because it fails every time?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: New SIM card SMS Help

Good Morning ugh28,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and I'm sorry to see that you're being issued with the SMS messages.

Can you please try switching the phone off, removing the SIM card, reinsert the SIM card and switch the phone back on for me? 

This may help us recognise that the SIM card is certainly in use. If you still receive text messages, we will seek to change the SIM for you, and if this doesn't work, it may require assistance from our IT Team

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos