Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need proof of usage

how am i supposed to go through my insurance claim then? is that £600 down the drain then? 

i have proof of purchase from carphone, they already require this, they also require proof of usage. Makes no sense you cannot supply this

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 22
Flag for a moderator

i will call them and try this, see what happens
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi zeeuk,

The SAR wouldn't be able to show you the information you're requesting. As we cannot provide a document that shows what device our SIM card has been in. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 22
Flag for a moderator

well can a document be provided which shows you cannot provide this information?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 15 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hello zeeuk

I am unsure what you would require in terms of a document outlining this, Unfortunately as previously advised we are unable to confirm what device a sim card has been used in.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 22
Flag for a moderator

i got a reply from my insurance company they said:

Thank you for your recent email. We are aware that Virgin can be a little tricky to deal with in regards to the Proof of Usage and Proof of Blacklisting. For usage, a billing statement showing the activity for your phone number is sufficient. For the Proof of Blacklisting, please go to this web address https://keepup.virginmedia.com/lostandstolenphones, fill in the online form with the IMEI number of your handset and forward us the email confirmation you receive. In addition, we still require the following:

• Proof of purchase for your handset: Please forward to this office any paperwork you may have been given when you purchased the handset showing the make, model, IMEI number and purchase date. Alternatively, please provide confirmation of these details from your service provider/retailer as they will be able to provide you with a duplicate invoice.

• Further Incident details:  We require your further and more specific details as to the exact circumstances surrounding the incident for which you are claiming. Can you provide a detailed timeline of events that led up to the incident for which you are claiming.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 17 of 22
Flag for a moderator

It sounds like you’re moving forward with the insurance company.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zeeuk, 

I'm glad to see you're moving forward with your insurance company, I'm sure if you follow their advice you will get to where you need to be. 

I'm sorry you've had a bit of trouble getting some of this information from us directly, I can send this off as feedback so we can make this situation more streamlined in future. 

If you need any further help please come back and we can assist further. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I've been waiting 2 weeks for them to email me the document my insurance company has requested, yet nothing. I've filled out the form again today, whats the holdup? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 20 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zeeuk,

I'm sure our team are working to provide you with this as soon as possible. 

Our apologies for any delay on this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos