cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED TO RETRIEVE DEACTIVATED PHONE NUMBER

Safz_01
Just joined

Hi,

I would extremely appreciate help in this matter, I currently am looking to retrieve a phone number from a sim that has been deactivated a year ago, I have has a lot of important business contacts that have this phone number and really need this number back, there must be some way to getting the phone number reactivated, how long does virgin media take to recycle phone numbers and is it possible to call in and ask for the number back, my details are still associated with this phone number as I moved it from contract to pay as you go. I would really appreciate any help I can get, today I was tricked into signing in for a contract by a customer sales representative over the phone who lied to me and said he spoke to his manager and he can reactivate the number for me and for him to open up a contract for me which I agreed to, after the process he then transferred me over to another line for the 'pac code' for the temporary number I was given for the sim card from my contract, the lady who answered the phone said this was not true and there is no way I can get the number back. I wasted over an hour with the customer service representative.

2 REPLIES 2

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

At 12 months that could be a tall order.

If it was a number issued with a Virgin SIM from the start, then there is a slight chance. If it was ported from another provider it is likely to be back with them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Safz_01 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here.

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue regarding your number, unfortunately we would not be able to reinstate a deleted number, we are so sorry about this. 

I would be happy to look into cancelling the SIM for you as we cannot reinstate the number, I will pop you a PM now so we can discuss this, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.