cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Virgin Media Pay As You Go has expired: how do I reclaim my credit?

akb1
Tuning in

Hello. I now have no functional mobile service has the PAYG SIM has expired - so I can't ring 789 (or any number). How do I reclaim my credit from Virgin Media?

And, is the Energiser mobile issued by VM unlocked - so that I can use it with other SIMs / networks?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@nodrogd wrote:

Any credit remaining on the account will have been lost on this date unless you either:

As the service has been closed it is still possible to get PAYG credit balances refunded until January 2023.

The number to call is 0345 6000 789 which is charged at standard landline rates and covered by any phone plan inclusive minutes to landlines.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin's PAYG service ended on 31 January 2022. All customers should have received texts giving them 90 days notice of their termination date. Some were closed down as early as October 2021. Any credit remaining on the account will have been lost on this date unless you either:

1) Ported your number to another provider & asked for a balance refund or

2) Asked to terminate your PAYG account prior to your switch off date at which point any money in the account would have been refunded.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@nodrogd wrote:

Any credit remaining on the account will have been lost on this date unless you either:

As the service has been closed it is still possible to get PAYG credit balances refunded until January 2023.

The number to call is 0345 6000 789 which is charged at standard landline rates and covered by any phone plan inclusive minutes to landlines.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Thank you Ben - VM are returning my credit.

@BenMcr

Hi akb1,

We're glad to hear this is sorted for you. 

^Martin