cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from Oomph to pay monthly

redstar1
Tuning in

So I've tried calling a couple of times to enquire about this but not really getting a satisfactory answer, so thought I'd try here in case anyone has any experience/advice.

I've got the ultimate oomph package (whatever it's called), but I have cancelled this and it is due to end on 24/06. I do however want to keep Virgin Mobile so called them up and agreed a contract, but they say it can only start on my next 'refresh' date, which is 28/06 (shows in my account as pending changes from that date). I've tried asking what happens in between these dates (4 day difference) but noone seems to recognise the potential issue.

I don't want to lose the number, and VM certainly don't want to recycle it because I get a lot of calls a day on it.

5 REPLIES 5

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good morning redstar1,

Thanks for posting. Sorry for the confusion over this. Please call our sales team on 0800 183 1234 - we can process a new account for you with that number 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks. Did that but the outcome was the same. I've already got an 'upgrade' pending for the 28th putting me onto a monthly contract. However, I seem unable to get my concerns across about what happens between the 24th and the 28th. I am told 'nothing will happen', which isn't convincing because I'm pretty sure everything will get cut off/cancelled on the 24th. Guess we will see.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If you've got a pending plan change then your existing plan continues until the refresh date, that should include going from an Oomph plan to a standard paid plan.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Hey redstar1, thank you for reaching out and I am so sorry to hear you've not be able to get a answer on this.

Okay, so as BenMcr has mentioned nothing would happen, it just the the same service but instead of it being part of your package. It will now be in a monthly contract. 

So please do not worry, it will all go smoothly as it showing a pending update, with changes like this we have to wait till the refresh day unfortunately. 

We've had many customers do the same as you as it was a very smooth process. 

Please do keep us updated though. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I had to transfer my mobile out of the Oomph package and it is anything but smooth !!!.