Menu
TP1985
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mother’s maiden name / Account sign in

I’m trying to set up a Virgin Mobile account, so that I can see when my contract ends, and consequently when I am eligible for a handset upgrade/new tariff plan.

When I follow the sign up process via the Virgin mobile website, it asks initially for my mobile number. Having entered this, on the next page, it asks me to state my mother’s maiden name, as the answer to my security question. 

When I enter in this maiden name, the website then shows a yellow box with text saying that if I don’t know my mother’s maiden name, or want to change my security answer, then I should call 789 from my mobile.

I DONT NEED TO - I HAVE JUST TYPED THE CORRECT ANSWER! Why does this continually not let me proceed - I am entering the correct information!

This is beyond frustrating, and if Virgin has now closed all shops, then what’s the point in me staying with you for another 2/3 years of a phone contract? I can’t get any help from a website that just gets you to go round in circles trying to enter information, that is correct in the first place!

Please contact me, so that I can get this sorted ASAP.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mother’s maiden name / Account sign in

it maybe the right into but have you ever set it up? if not you'll have to call VM to get the security question set up
TP1985
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I’m trying to set up the account in the first place.

But where it is asking for my mother’s maiden name - I’m not sure if this wants me to enter this, as a security answer to a question I have set up before (I used to have an account for Virgin Media - TV, broadband etc).

OR, is it asking me to set this up from new because as you say, I’m trying to set the account in the first place?!

Obviously, either way the maiden name itself is still the same so I don’t know why it won’t accept it?!

Ive tried to call but they don’t reopen until 9am tomorrow morning. SOOOOOOOO frustrating!!

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi TP1985, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry for the trouble you're having setting up the online account, I can appreciate you're keen to get this sorted. 

I can help with this but I'll need to pop you a personal message to grab some more details. 

I'll do this now and I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos