Menu
coast91
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Mobile top up not applied correctly to my account

I am posting on this forum because I cannot bear to make another hour-long phone call to Virgin 789 without success. I have been trying since 11th November to get my mobile top up corrected. On 20th October I topped up £10 as usual, and in the following month November I should have received unlimited calls to landlines and 120 minutes to mobiles. So far I have been charged for every single call. It should be a simple thing to correct, it happened once before in the past and was sorted easily then.

On 11th (17mins), 13th (1hour22mins), 14th (44mins), and 15th November (1hour12mins), I have talked to someone at 789 (I won't give all the details). Since the 15th (before calling 789) I have also been unable to login into my account. The last conversation on the 15th, I was told that IT needed to sort everything out but they don't work Sundays so they would look at it on 16th and it would be sorted by 19th or 20th latest. I was also told that there was no need to call back. Clearly that is not the case as since that call, I have tried to login every day and checked my balance every day, and neither has changed. Of course I haven't had a phone call either.

I really just want the credit I purchased applied correctly to my account. Virgin let me buy a credit but then will not give it to me. I don't particularly want a phone call because every conversation the person just tries to sell me something I don't want or need. Why would I want to buy something else from Virgin when they cannot even supply what I have already bought. They try to tell me what is best for me. What is best for me is to correct the problem I called about.

Why can't Virgin sort out a simple problem?

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile top up not applied correctly to my account

Morning coast91,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry for the late reply, I see you've mentioned we needed to speak to IT, have they been able to get this resolved since your post?

Let me know if you still need help.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
coast91
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Unfortunately this still has not been sorted, after several more phone calls. Everyone is very nice on the phone (for example Claudia from yesterday's call at 15.11) but they are not able to fix the problem. And they are not able to apply the credit back onto my account that has been taken in error. And they cannot pass me to someone who can sort it. So I have wasted a lot of time and am still very frustrated.

I have never had another mobile provider besides Virgin for 15 years+ and yet all I can deduce from the lack of resolution is that Virgin wants me to leave. I don't know why they don't want my business any longer, I thought we'd been going along quite happily. But how else can I explain the fact that they are not giving me what I paid for. It is now a ridiculous amount of time, 17 days, to not have resolved this.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry to hear this is still an issue.

I've popped you over a private message so I can take a closer look at this for you.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
coast91
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I've just replied to that

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much Li 🙂

Are you able to sign into your online account to check your recent usage?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
coast91
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately not. Since 15th November I get this message:

We’re sorry that you are unable to log in to Your Account at the moment.

Also lately I have avoided using my phone because I didn't want to get charged any more.

0 Kudos
coast91
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for looking into this.

I just tried and I still cannot log in to the account and receive the same message as before.

Also, I should get unlimited landline calls for November as well as the 120 minutes to mobiles. If you look at 2 November 9.10am, the very first landline call I make in November, Virgin charges me, and charges me for every landline call after that. I have not used 120 minutes to mobile either.

0 Kudos
coast91
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex

It looks like you have come to the same dead end.

On 13th November when I called 789 at 14.17 and spoke to Halima (I think that's how it's spelled), she offered me £20 credit, which I refused as I wanted my account rectified as well as the repayment of £26.41 for the mis-charged calls. As that doesn't seem possible, please just go ahead and give me the £20 credit.

Thank you

0 Kudos
coast91
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

So just in case anyone is looking at this post and thinking my problem has been sorted, it most definitely has not.

Virgin made an error in applying my top-up credit on 20th October, and which I reported to them on 11th November when I became aware, and here it is 2nd December and they are still ‘investigating’. So all this time I have not had use of my credit and am still awaiting a credit refund of the £26.41 that Virgin charged me - through THEIR error. Then they have the nerve to tell me I should have topped-up in November so I can get my allowances for December. They have had my money and cannot fix an error in 21 days and they want me to give them more money!

Virgin has breached the agreement by taking my money, texting me to confirm that I get allowances, those allowances showing up on my account (when I could see it before they blocked my access to it), BUT THEN charging me anyway.

I thought that after the slow action from my multiple calls that they would prioritise fixing my problem, and then in the very least offer some type of gesture of goodwill.

Alex has been private messaging me and I thought he might help, but unfortunately it is out of his hands. It seems that no one will talk to me that can actually fix the problem, and here I am 21 DAYS later, still waiting.

0 Kudos