Menu
Wilhood
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mobile phone repair

Hi

I purchased a Samsung s8 from virgin and the charging port as stopped working, I contacted virgin who said they would send out a package to return the phone for repair and was told to wait 5 to7 days, that was 2 weeks ago, I have contacted them twice since and get the same old story wait for it to arrive, today I was told could book another repair, so I tried, as soon as i put imei number in  it says a nopair for this phone as already been booked for this device please refer to the tracking page, where the hell is the tracking page, there is no link to it, virgin customer service are the worst I have ever dealt with, how long does it take on average to send a package to return a phone fgs?.

To resolve this situation I have given them a week to send the package or I will have to stop my direct debit until they do, if they can't be bothered fixing my phone I don't see why I should be bothered paying them.

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mobile phone repair

stopping the DD is never a good idea - i see why you might want to but it will not get their attention and if a payment is missed its likely they will just put it out for collection - it can also impact on your credit report with a black mark - but your call on all that

is the phone under warranty - if so think about contacting Samsung - they will come out and do it when and where you want - sending a phone to VM is fraught with danger if you read on here - any scratch - chip or mark is likely to cause them to say the repair is chargeable - does not seem to matter if the fault and the damage they seem to find are not related

Tony
0 Kudos
Wilhood
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, the phone is guaranteed for 24 months,are far as I know with virgin, all i get from customer service is, a repair is booked, it's an absolute joke, I suppose I will just have to wait, but I will see if I can find out what my rights are from somebody who can give me some legal advice.

Thanks for the reply anyway.

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

it may be guaranteed but that does not mean they will accept the repair - search and read for similar threads where a scratch on the back was enough for them to reject a screen fault or similar

not sure what Samsungs gaurantee is but if the phone is in warranty with them thats who i would be contacting

if you do send it back to VM make sure you have lots of photos of it - the charging port is nothing to do with a chip or scratch but they are likely to reject it if such things are on the phone

Tony
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wilhood, 

Really sorry that you're still waiting on a jiffy bag to send your handset in for repair, this ins't good. 

We can certainly send another one for you and I do apologise you were advised to do this yourself, if a job is already created it wouldn't be possible for you to do so I'll ensure that is fedback. 

So that I can send another please reply to my personal message and we'll take it from there. 

Thanks

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting me help with this Wilhood, please let us know how you get on 🙂

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos