Menu
RogerBill
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mobile phone repair complaint

Online at 13:05 on 19th March I booked my Samsung A42 5G phone to have it's screen replaced. (DM-001 job number VM1138151). I still have not received the packaging required to send the phone to Virgin for repair.

During the last two weeks in March I chased via six messages on this forum and private messaging with Ryan_N and Martin_N and I also chased a number of times, including at 16:42 on 30th March and 17:49 on 31st March, by calling 789

I only recently got the phone from Virgin and am paying for it on a 1GB plus unlimited mins tariff.

1.  Do Virgin actually provide a phone repair service?
2.  If so, how do you manage to obtain a package needed to post the phone to Virgin? When I booked the repair and on each occasion when I chased via private messages and by phoning 789 I was assured that a package would be posted to me within a few days.
3.  If I do get a postal package and send the phone to Virgin, can I be confident that the repair will be completed and the phone returned to me within a few days or will I again have to wait weeks?
4.  Alternatively should I have the screen replaced either by Samsung or a local repairer who replaced the screen on my last Samsung phone within one day? If I have to take this option will it affect the warranty I have with Virgin?
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile phone repair complaint

Hi there @RogerBill

Welcome back - sorry that you have still not had the packaging that was reordered for you on 31st March; this should have been with you within a few days. 

After checking your account today, there are notes to advise no job has been booked for a repair - just a package return and as such this was rejected. It looks like we need to book in your repair for you. 

In order to do that, we'll need some extra information that was not supplied last time; I'll pop  you a quick private message so we can go through security again and get this booked in for you. 

Please look out for the purple envelope and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JeanDes
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just had an email from Virgin asking if the reply had helped. The answer is NO. Over one month after booking the Samsung A42 in to have a cracked screen replaced on 19th March I still have not received the jiffy bag required to send the phone to Virgin for repair.

Has anyone recently managed to get their phone repaired by Virgin?

Because the phone is only a couple of months old and under contract with Virgin I imagine the warranty would be invalidated if I got the screen replaced by a local shop who replaced the screen on my previous Samsung phone in one day. If this would invalidate the warranty do I have a legal right to return the phone to Virgin and to cancel the contract without penalty because they have failed to provide a repair service?

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi JeanDes,

Apologies that you have still not had a repair pack sent. I can see that you have already spoke with my colleague who tried to book a repair in for you but unfortunately there were some issues with our system trying to get this done.

I will get this chased for you today as we had to report the issue and we advised we would come back to you once the issue has been resolved.

As soon as we have any further information we will come straight back to you. 

Kind regards Jodi.

0 Kudos
JeanDes
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks Jodi for your quick reply. I sincerely hope you can help because over the past month I've tried chasing this repair many times via this forum, the website and phoning 789 without success.

If there are any problems or you need any further information please contact me or my partner RogerBill via email, phone or this forum.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey @JeanDes

Jodi is out of the office at the moment, I will take this over from her now.

I will shortly be sending over a private message, so that we can pass account security and get this booked in for you.

Please look out for my message.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos