Menu
Manni2
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Mobile phone charges

I have been a Virgin customer for almost 2 years and have no problems. I took out a Virgin contract for my son with a cap on data. However in April 2020 I was notified that the account had gone over the specified in the contract, I specifically remember that cap was placed on the contract, otherwise I would not have signed the contract. Anyway on this occasion the cap was dealt with and virgin representative apologised and reimbursed my account. However In July the same thing happened and now I have been charged over £100.00. I have contacted customer service on three separate occasions where the minimum wait is 45 minutes, which is unacceptable. I have now been threatened by bailiffs to retrieve the payment. I believe the error is an Virgin error, I signed a contract to ensure a cap would be placed. 
Out of 3 times I made contact with a Virgin ‘Human’ this was directed to an Indian call centre who really could not answer my query. Please can someone from virgin contact me to discuss this matter. 
this experience had really left me disappointed in your service and will refuse to purchase other virgin services.

Manni

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile phone charges

Hi there @Manni2

I am sorry to understand that you've had some issues with some charges on your mobile account when you were advised a spending cap was added. 

Our caps are not part of a contract with us and they can be removed or added at any time; this can even be done by the customer via their online account. You can also check the cap and what you have spent via the app and online account. Additionally, we will send you a text letting you know when you have reached 80% of your spending cap, and another upon reaching 100%.

You can read more about Spending caps and how they work on our dedicated webpage - Virgin Mobile Spending Cap

In order to go through your issue and account in more detail, I will need to pop you a Private Message so we can go through security and chat freely. Please do look out for a Purple Envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Manni2
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have never had to change the cap, as I have been happy with the service. I am querying who changed the cap, I have never logged into my account. 

I am totally in confused about the whole situation

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Please feel free to reply to the Private Message I sent you earlier @Manni2 so we can chat about your account in more detail and help you out. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
teabag
Hero
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Manni2 wrote:

I have never had to change the cap, as I have been happy with the service. I am querying who changed the cap, I have never logged into my account. 

I am totally in confused about the whole situation

Not saying this is what happened, just a maybe 😉

Does your son have the Virgin Mobile App installed on his phone?, if so, it's just a quick click to remove any Cap or purchase Data add-ons from within the App.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos