Menu
BLS2020
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mobile no longer functional after SIM swap

After fitting new SIM, phone will not take or make calls same with text.

After reboot get error me ssage "SIM CARD REGISTRATION FAILED" have retried several times but same result.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile no longer functional after SIM swap

Hello BLS2020

Sorry to hear this is happening. 

Did you get the option to activate the new sim card and have you tried the sim in a different handset 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
BLS2020
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Gareth_L

I am not sure what you mean by validating the new SIM card. I followed the instructions with the card , the phone accepted my pass word but gave the error message "SIM not valid". Putting old SIM back the error message was "SIM registration failed". Trying the new SIM in my newer second hhone means reducing its size. I can try this if you think the new SIM will never work in the Nokia.

Regards Brian2020

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi BLS2020, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your new SIM looked into, it is an issue we are seeing with multiple customers at the moment. Could you try the following instructions for me please? 

• Ensure the activation instructions on the SIM pack have been followed and the maximum 24 hour activation time has passed
  • Give the back of the SIM a wipe and make sure the SIM tray on the handset has no dust.
  • Perform a manual network search in the network selection settings on your handset( if you are unsure of how to do this please check our handset guide here.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
BLS2020
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan_L

I have done most of the things you have suggested and the phone still says the SIM is not valid and is inoperable.

I tried looking at the network settings procedure via the link you supplied. My phone model was not shown and after entering the IMEI number , I got a message "Sorry your device is no longer supported".

Can you suggest any next steps?

Thank you very much for the support you have given.

Best regards

BLS_2020

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for keeping in touch BLS2020, sorry the steps advised above haven't helped. Please look out for my PM so we can confirm a few details and I'll do all I can to assist further.

Tom 

0 Kudos