Menu
andrewweb
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Mobile broadband for iPhone?

Hello,

some isp do have a feature in which there is some have the mobile broadband service available on mobile device, but I am wondered if this will work on my iPhone 8 Plus so to get the Virginmedia tv demand without the use of the fixed landline virgin cable because it is unavailable at Stainwood Court small villages area of Darlington postcode area is DL3 area code. I had some problem with BT Openreach as their broadband speed for download is just 1.68mbps download speed & upload speed is 0.06mbps after I ran the speed test tonight at 21:00 the BT Openreach broadband it is rubbish as I was just near the main router.

would virgin supply the popular 100mbps broadband package in either via cable or fibre optic or use my iPhone 8 as the mobile broadband service?

would the mobile broadband service be available to get virgin tv via the app without the TiVo box or the v6 box despite there is no cable installed in the Stainwood area due to the private road by the few properties nearby?

i am fed up with the recent problems with BT-sky Openreach a few years ago in Wakefield, but for 3 weeks I ended up having the BT Openreach broadband & tv blips which I cannot get it resolved at all it’s wont get freeview from BT set top box to no avail. I alway like virgin service in Wakefield, but I unable to use my expensive ASUS desktop computer at the moment as the BT engineer has sited the main router in the hallway as I think it’s should be placed near the computer instead of being plugged in the master phone socket as it’s should have them plugged in the extension phone socket & not the master phone it’s wrong in the hallway that there is no computer there.

virgin does supply two set of virgin cable system one for the tv- phone & another cable for the broadband internet which it’s sited to the computer room it’s good.

i think if there possible virgin cable be placed overhead instead of damaging the private road or the ground area of Stainwood area of Darlington?

andrew.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile broadband for iPhone?

Hi andrewweb,

Thank you for getting in touch with your query, it's a shame that our cables don't yet reach your property.

I'm afraid that you wouldn't be able to use your mobile to receive our TV services, as you would need to be connected to our cabled network. However, we do offer a mobile broadband service with speeds up to 150Mbps. You can find plenty more information and place your order online.

You can also sign up to the Virgin Media Store to purchase films and TV box sets, as this is available to customers and non-customers alike 🙂 This content can either be streamed via WiFi or 3G/4G, or downloaded to watch offline.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos