Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Phone: I tried this query and it seems i Texted the wrong place - Refers to Virgin wantin an ackn

Thanks.. I'm trying to determine if Phonecalls to my Sister purporting to be from Virgin Media. But I would like to know if this is a Genuine Call, and irrespective of that, What She should do.

I have drafted an E-mail to the address they gave, but my computer keeps telling me that the e-mail does not exist. I will attempt to copy my e-mail here, but wary of Security, I won't enter here mailing address. ... So, what do I do?

To. Virgin Media.

Re your text to Ms A Reidy, of xxxxxxxxxxxxx  ILFORD, IG3 8RZ.

I refer to the text addressed from Virgin Media to her phone, 

You have asked her to e-mail you, but she does not have use of an e-mail connection, but is very concerned about the messages that you have sent telling her that you have sent a SIM, which you have certainly not sent to her, nor explain why you want to terminate her phone number within the next few days,

Please explain:

1)Why do you want to change her Sim

2) What possible reason can you have to want to terminate her Phone number WITHOUT any explanation, when she has a perfectly servicable SIM.

3) She needs that phone and number, Why is your text so Dominant to demand this explanation WITHOUT WARNING, when you could make a perfectly civil explanation Please explain.

4) Why Have you failed to deliver the alleged SIM,

5) To Whom and their address that You are trying to infer that you delivered your SIM it to her, and why have you done so.

She has asked me to Reply as you asked her to send by e-mail, but you have not explained the reason neading an e-mail, as she has never had an e-mail a/c. She is Busy on CoronaVirus at work so please reply as promptly with the same urgency as your e-mail missives imply. PLEASE REPLY TO ALL THE FIVE POINTS ABOVE, and explain what you are doing to put it right as this is now, (as you say) has become urgent.
The email address that you included does not work;    virginmedia.com/help/replacementsim

Michael Harris.

pp, Ms A Reidy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile Phone: I tried this query and it seems i Texted the wrong place - Refers to Virgin wan...

Hi Goodlookingone, 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for taking the time to get in touch 🙂 

It does sound like a genuine call from our team, we are currently upgrading all our customers sim cards due to improvements we've made to our network. For further information on this you can see here.

Hopefully you or your sister will have been able to speak with our mobile care team by now. If not please let us know and we will do our best to help on here. 

Many thanks, 

Hetty 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile Phone: I tried this query and it seems i Texted the wrong place - Refers to Virgin wan...

Thank you for your reply,, BUT... My Sister visited your two advertised High Road addresses when She could get away from work.and has found that both to have been converted to messers EE. Virgin sites no longer exist.
There was no SIM posted to her, so the "improvements" are non-existent, nor explained as to what any "Improvements" could possibly be.
The only contact was the e-mail addressed is also non-existent. So please explain why this "our mobile care team" is so secretive, and What can be meant by this secretive unspecified improvements.

MH
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VM are changing all their sims - the old ones are locked to EE the new ones are for their own system - in time the older red sims will cease to work - the new purple sim replace them - that in itself can give problems if a phone is locked to VM as it will need unlocking to the new sim

thats a bit of background - so has your sister got the new sim if so she needs to put it into her phone and see if it works as afaik there is a short time for the switch over before the old sim is turned off

however it would be a good idea to check if her phone is unlocked - if not the she needs to get it unlocked - if it came from VM they should be able to do that before she does the sim swap

even if she has not got the sim yet getting the phone unlocked is a good idea

Tony
0 Kudos