Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Contract Cancelled and Direct Debit still charging

Hi All,

I have recently moved abroad and I had to cancel my virgin mobile account. After the account was cancelled, I still keep receiving charges from the set Direct Debit although I was advised at the time of contract cancellation that I wont be charged as the cancellation time was correct. I have tried to log-in in my account but the systems seems not working at all as I cannot access. Virgin Media's customer service team is on 0345 454 1111  but the call centres are not working either due to COVID-19 and there is no way to fill a claim in the website.

Can anybody advise on how to proceed to request reimbursement of the charged amounts? alternatively, I will then have to raise a complaint to CISAS

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile Contract Cancelled and Direct Debit still charging

Thank you for the post Rtorrrec and welcome to our community.

Do these charges show as Virgin Media or Virgin Mobile charges? Are these at the agreed to pricing that it was previously? 

Was this cancelled following the end of a contract? Did you take a handset out with us?

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

Thank you for your reply. 

Do these charges show as Virgin Media or Virgin Mobile charges? Yes, they show as Virgin Mobile.

Are these at the agreed to pricing that it was previously? Yes. 

Was this cancelled following the end of a contract? The contract was for a year and the services were cancelled after the end of the contract and several days before the next monthly payment. 

Did you take a handset out with us? No, only sim card. 

If it helps I can provide also the reference number of the bank transaction: FA73142283 DDR

Let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

When was the cancellation put through? 

If this was within the last month a bill will go out as normal then the difference will be refunded. 

Thanks Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The cancellation was put through on 29 June 2020 however, we have never received a notification of successful cancellation. So If I understood well a refund of the difference will be conducted automatically? What is the time for refund? would you inform in advance once the refund is due?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the wait, I'm just going to double check this with a colleague for you as it may need to be done manually. 

Thank you for your patience.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

They've just come back to me quite quickly.

Have you already attempted and indemnity claim on the direct debit which came out? It may have been in progress already when you cancelled like I said prior to this.

It may be possibly to do this claim still which would be the quickest method, if you're not able to let me know. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos