Menu
sanjeetparmar
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Account Closed in February but still active in credit report after 5 months

I closed my mobile account in February 2020 but my credit report still shows the account as ACTIVE and was updated on 8th June 2020. I spoke to Virgin Customer service couple of days ago regarding this issue and even they have also confirmed that this account has been closed in February but are not sure why it is still showing active in credit report and was updatd on 8th June 2020.

What is wrong with Virgin? I already had to go through alot of hassle of having fraud with my other Virgin Mobile number which also I had to close the account. Then Virgin opened this another account themselves which I didn't want and till now is still active ? Even there is no active mobile number for this account which I can share. I just have a Account Number as I received last bill in February 2020.

Can someone from Virgin Customer Service please come back to me and explain why this is happening and ruining my credit history ?

Thanks

Sanjeet

0 Kudos
Hetty_R
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile Account Closed in February but still active in credit report after 5 months

Hi sanjeetparmar, 

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch.

I am really sorry you've been having some ongoing issue with a former mobile account. 

I appreciate the time you spent sorting this matter, but could you confirm whether you've been in touch with our credit file amendments team? If not we would ask you to drop them an email at creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk. 

Look forward to hearing from you, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
sanjeetparmar
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile Account Closed in February but still active in credit report after 5 months

Hi Hetty_R

Thanks for coming back to my complaint. After writing the issue here i found out that I need to email details to "creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk". I have already done it now and have received automated acknowledgement email as well.

Regards

Sanjeet

0 Kudos
Hetty_R
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi sanjeetparmar, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Great to hear you've already email the team, hopefully they will be back in touch soon. 

Please keep us posted with how you get on and let us know if you need any further help. 

Many thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos