cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Likewise trade in scam

paulrobinson
Joining in

I recently took out a new contract, and part of the offer was £200 over the trade in value for my old phone. I was quoted £56 (plus £200) for my Samsung Galaxy Note 8, which was in perfect condition as I'd kept it in a drop proof envelope type case for all of it's life. I received the tiny envelope to post my phone, and decided that as it didn't offer enough protection I sent it in the case. You could literally drop the phone off the roof of a building in this case and it would be unscathed.

5 days later received an email saying that due to the phone not being as described my offer was reduced to £11 (plus the £200). Now yes, £211 for my old phone is reasonable, but I absolutely don't accept that the phone was damaged when they inspected it. I did a search online for Likewise, and this seems to be a common practice of theirs, so I rejected the offer. I've since had an email saying that my phone has been returned, but no tracking details, so I doubt that it has actually been dispatched. I know I'll get messages saying that I should have just took the revised offer, but that just encourages Likewise to continue with this scam of an operation.

Anyone had similar issues, and were Virgin any help in resolving the problem? 

7 REPLIES 7

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi paulrobinson, 

Sorry to hear this has happened.

We do need to take a look into what has happened 

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for those details paulrobinson.

I have had a look and its not possible for us to help with this sorry.

The company that you used to trade the handset in LikeWise are the ones you will need to chase this up with.

Gareth_L

FairReview
Joining in

A month now, 2 nee contracts taken with a promise of cashback. Nothing.

47 phone calls, and fake promises.

Hi there @FairReview, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see that you have been having issues with getting the agreed trade in amounts for your older handsets.

I will be happy to assist you with this further, to do this I will send you a PM to confirm your details.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hello Nathan

Details sent

Once done, I will amend my post but I have serious doubts and I reckon this is a huge scam by Likewize.

+2 for being conned by this scam. One supposedly lost phone and one not accepted, neither honouring the extra £100 trade-in, shocker! Should know by now that these offers are nothing but hoops designed to deter you from seeing it through. 

Will be paying off contracts asap and paying slightly more to o2. 

Just hoping more people read these boards before signing up

HI nobonuscash, thanks for the message. and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the trade in and you would need to contact them directly ^Chris