Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is it possible to merge phone accounts

I can see this being one of those red tape nightmares.

In our house we have the Broadband + TV. + phone sim package that is in my name. I use the SIm for Netflix / Amazon streaming at our static caravan. Works well. Don't want to give it up.

My wife has a separate Virgin mobile phone pay monthly contract in her name. She has just had an email saying she is eligible for an upgrade etc etc.

But it would make sense to get that put onto the 'house' broadband contract. 

Is it possible (I am sure it is) but if so can it be made simple to do.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is it possible to merge phone accounts

Hi archercj, 

Thank you for your post. 

I don't mean to sound rude here, but I am really unsure as what you're referring to. Do you mean; You have an Oomph SIM from your Media package in which you would like your wife to take over? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My wife has a totally separate Virgin mobile pay monthly contract. Nothing to do with our home broadband/TV package. 

Her contract is up for renewal and I want to transfer it to be managed as part of the home broadband/TV package as there are deals on there. I donmt want to use the OOmph SIM. That shall remain separate.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Archercj,

Thanks for your reply. We would be unable to do this 

thanks

Zoie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. We can put a man on the moon but we cannot transfer one Virgin mobile account to another. LOL

Must say i wasnt impressed when i rang either. The phone is in my wifes name and she has never registered it if she had to ring. (although we can access it online). Anyway I rang and they asked what the passcode was. I explained it had never been registered and they said my wife would have to do it. I appreciate that so I asked if they could give help/advice regarding the current situation i.e. we want to upgrade and what the next steps were.

I dont find repeatedly saying 'your wife will have to ring' very helpful as the advice I was after i.e. what is the process (if there is one) if we want to return the phone rather than pay off the remaining credit would require security clearance. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi archercj

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry you weren't able to get the information required around you Wife account. sending the phone back instead of buying out the contract isn't an option I am afraid.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos