Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Iphone12 Fraud

Two iphone 12 contracts have been created by Virgin this afternoon, allegedly via a phone order, with one of the phones being dispatched to my home address and the other to an address unknown to me, both with a mobile contact number unknown to me. How they allowed this to happen is beyond belief and when I contacted their operator 2 hours later (pretty difficult to do) apparently it was already too late to cancel the order. I strongly feel that this fraud has occurred by a Virgin employee as they allegedly had my password (which I keep in a secure password vault). I will close down my Virgin account and direct debit if this isnt resolved fast - which reading on this forum is unlikely to happen. I guess I now need to read up on legal action I can take against Virgin to prevent them pursuing me for what looks like GBP3,000.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Iphone12 Fraud

Further update today. The thief went on the Yodel delivery site and changed the delivery date so it didn't arrive today. Two can play that game so some ping-ponging over changing dates. Decided to contact Yodel and had them return the phone to sender i.e. Virgin. That is at least one problem sorted.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi jwa127,

Thank you for posting on the Community Forums.

I am really sorry to hear this, I'd also like to understand how this has happened. Were you already an existing Virgin Mobile customer and the orders for the iPhone 12s added to your existing account? Or has an order been placed under a new account under your details?

Have you been able to get in touch with an adviser from our mobile department at all since posting?

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth,

Thank you for your concern. I am an existing Virgin Mobile customer and these phones were added to my existing SIM-only account. It appears that your fraud department is now involved as I missed a call from them earlier today - I am awaiting a call-back after speaking to a rep. I am now hoping that my plan will be returned to where it was before, along with the criminals failing to benefit at all. This should have been flagged as a fraudulent transaction and it has been an unpleasant 24hrs but a speedy resolution will be a reasonable outcome.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, jwa127,

As it is now with our fraud team, the it has been flagged and you will be contacted with an update by them

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos