cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMFS Debt Collection for non existent debt

Timmy68
Joining in

Long story, but quickly, my wife had an account with VM Mobile in 2020/2021, which ended up as a SIM only deal at £8 a month.

Early in 2021 she received a letter saying they were putting the price up to £15 a month, but if she cancelled her contract before March 31st she would not be charged an exit fee.

She asked for the PAC code on March 3rd, got it and a confirmation then that there would be no exit charge, so she left.

About 6 months later she received a letter from BPO Debt Collection saying she owed £36.62, contacted them and asked why, they explained, we argued and after much too-ing and froo-ing with VM Customer Services they admitted that she owed nothing, as she had cancelled before March 31st and by text message they said the Account was closed with nothing owing, BPO accepted this, but because of things that had happened, including accusations of fraud by VM, my wife submitted a complaint to CISAS which was upheld in her favour and VM paid out the compensation owing.

Now, another couple of years on, a new Debt Collection firm have been in contact saying she owes the same amount, having spoken to them they say they need written evidence from VM, which from past experiences, isn't going to happen.

We will be dealing with them and seeking to sort it out, but my wife is royally **bleep** off with VM, hence her asking me to post, and wants someone from the company to contact her, well me on her behalf, to try and get this sorted out.

We are all too well aware just how poor VM can be with responding to things, but pretty please if someone from VM reads this and can actually provide some help, well it would be a shock, but a pleasant one.

I'm not hopeful.....

But CISAS will probably be interested again...

1 REPLY 1

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Timmy68,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear your Wife has received notifications for a none paid amount which was earlier removed and settled Via CISAS.

We appreciate the time and effort to get this resolved the first time and the stress and upset seeing this again may cause, as this is with IMFS something has gone a miss somewhere, so I can try to help and seek some help/ support for you and your Wife so we can get this resolved I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.