Menu
grosser53
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

ID confirmation

Why do I have to confirm my identity on my mobile device when I want to view my account on a laptop. My mobile device is a tablet which is never switched on and takes about 10 minutes to start up. 

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: ID confirmation

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forums, grosser53,

Is this for your mobile account and is the SIM in that device?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
grosser53
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

the mobile app is on a Hudl 2 tablet not a mobile phone and therefore doesn't have a SIM card.

Regards,

Geoff
0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying, grosser53

Sounds a bit strange, if there is no SIM in the tablet. Are you able to post the message? Be sure to omit any personal data that might be in the message.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
grosser53
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,
No can't insert the screen shot but the URL is as follows ....

https://login-and-registration.ib.apps.virginmoney.com/vm/challenge?currentChallenge=soft_token&user...

Geoff
0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Geoff. The link you provided is to our Virgin Money website, is this correct? If so they may have different requirements for security with regards to your devices. Have you tried contacting them via their help page on this link ? The only thing I can think of in a generic sense is that the cookies on your device are not stored or are deleted that is prompting the page to ask for your identity again. Please try a different device to see if it's the same. Also, if you're able to access your account on there, some financial institutions may want a device registration for security.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos