Menu
Simonmjm
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've been scammed by virgin media

Virgin media have failed to supply me with my TV gift deal, also providing a substandard media service throughout, biggest scam going followed by a poor customer service and approach to dealing with customer complaints.  The customer care team have no care, with all issues being dealt with by scripted tick box questions. I've been scammed by a trading company and apparently they are seen by most as being legit, con of the century.  I'm paying £89 month, TV which most channels are locked or difficult to obtain, media box which has a poor interface, router system which doesn't work (engineer actually said the router was substandard and not fit for purpose) intermittent broadband I'm on there top package and only receiving 25-30% of the specified speed at best.  They have repeatedly ignored my emails, hence writing on the community page. 

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: I've been scammed by virgin media

Thanks for your post on our Community Forum Simonmjm, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the services we're providing.

Can you please advise me what speed your able to obtain on a wired connection and with the hub in modem mode

Are there any particular channels you were expecting to receive that you're not currently able to access? 

Can you also please advise me what gift you're seeking to receive and if you have any documentation that itemises the gift?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Simonmjm
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

David,

Firstly the frustration, to get a response once I post to the community, it's as though you welcome complaints more so through this process than dealing amicably over emails or internal chats, phone conversation.

My speeds have been between 50-100mb occasionally when speaking with your technical team we get a boost and then this drops. 

The TV experience is not a fluant as my previous sky, there a certain TV series programs not available unless you pay additional fees, movie channels are similar with additional.

Im still awaiting my TV gift ( 49inch LG TV) which I was informed would receive 45days after my initial setup, this was February

Id prefer to sort outside of the community however as noted virgin seem to cause more frustration with no clear indication to resolving issues without a long drawn process, will await your response

Kind regards

Simon

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response Simon, when a customer posts on our Community Forums we can take approximately 48 hours to respond, however on this occasion we've been able to come back within a 3 hour time frame. 

In relation to, what seems to be from your description, the On Demand on content, is this simply just content that is available in UHD only? Does your contract advise you of the addition of UHD content?

Can you also confirm any documentation of the free gift that came as part of the package? Did you possibly receive any welcome offers that may not have worked in conjunction with a free gift being offered as part of the initial agreement?   

Are you also able to, as requested in my previous post, able to perform a speed test with the hub placed in modem mode? This will determine exactly what speed we're getting into your property

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Simonmjm
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry but I'm not understanding why you want me to put in modem mode? This was the last speedtest completed a few minutes back, you can view speeds from your side also?

Further to this if you go onto my previious web chat file you will see that I had signed up for virgin early Feb.  Please referance web chat 16th Feb, you again have a full history of my complaints.

Screenshot_20210620_141002_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

Screenshot_20210216_140339_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210216_140427_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210216_135450_com.android.chrome.jpg

We have had numerous TV series not registering unless payments have been made to view each episode.  To be honest apart from the occasional football we use Amazon or netfllix more so.

Im assuming you have strung me along for the last four months for no reason.  I'm wasting more time dealing with yourselves due to issues than its worth and I'm the one paying for the service, the irony  I had tried cancelling my subscription but you wanted £600.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

By placing the hub in modem mode we will be able to see what speed we're providing your property with. 

If modem mode were to show us a result that matches your subscribed speed, this would point to an issue that is effecting Wi-Fi - whether that be down to the router itself, or a device connected to the router that is causing a level of interference that effects the Wi-Fi speed, this is what we would need to investigate.

With the hub in modem mode showing a speed below what you subscribe to, this will point to work needing to be done outside the property to resolve the speed issues.

I don't have access to records of speed tests that have been performed on a device, and sadly I don't personally have access to web chat transcripts either - although the pictures you've sent are helpful.

Did you receive any follow up E-Mail's advising you of the gift? If you signed up online, do you perhaps have the link where you signed up for the services that stated the gift was included?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Simonmjm
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Web chat was the information I had at the time of request. I don't have anything else, whomever was on the chat site had advised me at the time of conversation. 

Modem setting done and now I cannot connect anymore?? great thanks for this has this been done on purpose.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have you connected a device via a wire to the hub?

As per my original post, this would need a wired connection to run the test - preferably a Cat 6 Ethernet cable if possible

In relation to the gift, where did the original information come from that told you, you were due to receive the 49 inch LG TV?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Simonmjm wrote:

Modem setting done and now I cannot connect anymore?? great thanks for this has this been done on purpose.

When in modem mode, the IP address of the hub changes. When in modem mode you need to to use 192.168.100.1 to access the hub GUI, obviously via a wired device.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks