Menu
colintrundle
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Huge increase in plan cost

I have a an old and very basic plan, as I'm out of contract I'm currently only paying £1.05 pm for my airtime. I've just received an email from VM saying that as of 6th April my plan will cost £6. My maths isn't brilliant but that's about a 570% increase isn't it?

I know £6 pm is still cheap but how can VM justify such an enormous jump in price?

This is off topic I know, but I had trouble logging in to my account and had to reset my password but before that I had to answer my security that I'd answered years ago during a phone call to VM, the webpage just asks for the answer to the question but doesn't say what that question was... come on VM give us a clue.

JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Huge increase in plan cost

Wow £1.05 per month.... my guess is Virgin have decided to end that plan and unfortunately they can do so under the terms and conditions.

As for your password reminder, you will have to call customer service to reset the password.

If I've helped let me know 🙂

10 year's managing 9 Virgin Media accounts, and things never got any better, closed last 4 accounts since January 2021 :L

I give 'my' experience to help where possible.
0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Colintrundle,

Thanks for your post and I am sorry to hear your price has gone up, we do not deal with package changes from here I would advise you give our team a call and they can see if there's a deal for you 

Zoie

0 Kudos
newmanchester
Just joined
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I got the same letter today. They "offered" me a different plan a few times but I refused. Now they wrote to me that either I accept the same plan for £ 6 or get out. I spent 15 years with Virgin, internet, telephone, mobile, tv. It's finally time for a change.
0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am so sorry to hear this, and that we are losing you as a customer, did you call us up to see if there was anything we could offer

Zoie

0 Kudos
colintrundle
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply.

I've managed to reset my password, thanks. It just seemed unhelpful for them to ask for the answer to a question without stating what that question is (I set up my security details with them years ago so can't remember what the question was).

£6 isn't a huge amount in itself, but at the moment I'm paying £1 for not very much, so I'll be paying £6 for the same amount of not very much, if that makes sense. I'll have to think about whether to look for  a cheap deal with more data/mins etc.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Colin,

I understand your concerns with the price increases unfortunately you should never of been able to obtain a phone plan for below £5 per month in the past but someone managed to up sell this, keeping your £1 contract connected will be costing Virgin more and these plans also need to be updated to move them to a new network now that old deals with BT are coming to an end.

It's always smart to shop around, however the cheapest options will be in the £4-5 region, better options may be available depending on how much or little you use your phone.

If I've helped let me know 🙂

10 year's managing 9 Virgin Media accounts, and things never got any better, closed last 4 accounts since January 2021 :L

I give 'my' experience to help where possible.
0 Kudos