Menu
dlcooper
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How to get control of your own mobile account??

Does anyone know which form I need to fill in so as to report administrative errors that prevent me logging in to my mobile account?

I have received an email at my usual blueyonder address telling me to expect a new SIM. The mobile phone number quoted is indeed mine and I am addressed by the correct first name, but the physical address that is mentioned in the email is wrong, so that I will not receive the required new SIM. When I tried to login to change it, my usual password for my blueyonder address did not work. When I asked to be reminded of my log-in email and password I was told that a password would be sent by email to a particular hotmail account, but that hotmail email address has never belonged to me and I do not recognize it at all.

Does anyone know what I need to do to get my account details changed so as to be MY account details? Just getting the log-in switched to my usual blueyonder address would be a good start - I should then be able to make the other changes myself.

I tried phoning 789 but was eventually sent by SMS a URL at which I cannot achieve anything because I cannot login. That, after all, is part of the actual problem!

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to get control of your own mobile account??

Hi dlcooper,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about this. Just to confirm have you registered the online account?

^Martin

0 Kudos
dlcooper
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have no recollection of ever having registered the online account. When I tried to create such an account I was told that my number was already registered to an account. I could only assume (at first), contrary to my memory, that I must indeed have registered at some stage. It now appears that my memory is correct. My phone number seems to have been used by someone else to register an account. Currently I seem to have no mechanism for changing the (wrong) house number to which the new SIM is apparently going to be sent.
0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Right I see. Okay, what I am going to need to do is private message you so I can look into this for you. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
dlcooper
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks to Martin_N, the name and address on my account are correct and I have now even received (and installed) the new SIM. That's progress. My initial question does though remain unanswered, namely how to get control of my own mobile account. As far as I can tell, someone else has registered an online account using my phone number. I don't know who they are or why they did it. I don't know whether it was intentional/malicious or simply a mistake. Although the website allows me to retrieve the identity of the email address that they have used, it is not an address that I recognize and it is certainly not one over which I have any control. This means that I still cannot create/use an online account for my own mobile account. It would still be good to be able to get control of my own mobile account.
0 Kudos
dlcooper
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Progress report: after the interloper's online account was deleted I was able to register my own; name on account is now correct and different screens are no longer giving different surname spellings; date of birth still seems to be wrong, but hopefully will be corrected soon. The last time I tried to upgrade my phone I was refused because I could not predict the wrong details that were on record - hopefully this will cease to be a problem relatively soon.

0 Kudos