Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

How to contact Virgin Media outside the UK without calling?

Hello Community,

I am an international student in the UK who is currently quarantining at home in Canada. I have a phone plan and broadband with Virgin. 

I am trying to see if there's a way to contact Virgin without having to call (long distance fees) as there is no toll-free number. Is there an e-mail I can contact as the online chat option hasn't been available in who knows how long at this point..

This is an urgent matter as I need to cancel my phone plan and broadband. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to contact Virgin Media outside the UK without calling?

There's now (and never has been) a good way of contacting VM online as the company is digitally incompetent, as the shoddy chat service shows but presently there's a text/call back service if you text them on UK number 07533016422.  I doubt they'd call you back on a foreign telephone number, but if you've still got your VM mobile and its working (roaming) then that will be acceptable.  Because of the delays in response times and the time difference if you need to speak that might be inconvenient.

Failing that you can cancel in writing.  Be aware that if you're still in a discounted contract for a fixed period, they'll want you to pay exorbitant exit fees.  I can't see them coming to Canada to chase you if you refused, but non payment would cause problems if and when you returned to the UK.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos