cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I stop unwanted Virgin service message texts and calls on LPOA account?

VMC9110
On our wavelength

Hi, Last November Virgin registered my LPOA for my mother, and we requested opt out of all marketing messages. Virgin are still texting and calling her mobile number. It is no longer appropriate for Virgin to contact my mother directly at all, not even with service messages (eg monthly hit spending cap, refreshed allowances and data rollover). The latest one says "Want to make sure you're on the best possible mobile plan? We do too. So we'll be calling soon, to chat about exclusive customer mobile offers just for you." How can I stop this? Thanks VMC9110

3 REPLIES 3

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi VMC9110,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We do apologise that you are receiving these marketing text messages even after you have opted out of this option.

I will pop you over a private message to take some details and check on our system that we have removed you completely from the list. You can also check your marketing preferences by signing into your online Virgin Mobile account using the link here https://mobile.virginmedia.com/ecare/login

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi I'm also having the same problem (which looks like it's been going on for a long time) and would like to stop receiving these service outage updates via text for broadband / TV. I don't have a Virgin Mobile account. I evn tried blocking the number and the texts still get through.

Please can you help me resolve this? Thanks 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi abenasolo, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

We are very sorry to hear you are receiving unwanted texts. 

In order to look in to this further, I am going to pop you over a private message to take a few more details. 

This will be available via the red bar at the top of the page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat