Menu
Flyingppg
Settling in
Message 11 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can I complain about Virgin Mobile?

My experience of Virgin mobile recently is that they conduct themselves with no integrity. Sales staff say anything to get you to sign up then the agreed terms are not honoured. I was on 3G but Virgin encouraged me to switch to 4G on a call and online chat. Because I had a loyalty discount applied to my account I said that was ok as long as I kept my discount. Twice it was confirmed that would be the case but when I upgraded the discount was removed. Having complained the complaint was closed without action contrary to what was agreed. Then they tried to fob me off again leaving me on hold for 20 minutes. a "senior manager" said it would be investigated and then I would get a "dead lock" letter after 28 days. So no investigation really then. They just sit on it for 28 days and hope you go away. They don't follow their own complaints process. These people are crooks. My recommendation is to take it to Twitter, Facebook and the independent body and then the courts. Virgin have no integrity and the pigeon English speaking call centres are a joke.
Alexanderpolden
Tuning in
Message 12 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Why do Virgin media ask you to writea letter and not send an email Strange it is almost as if they didnt want you to complain about them stealing money by wrongly charging for things.

REMEMBER SPEND TIME WARNING OTHER PEOPLE NOT TO BE A VIRGIN CUSTOMER

VIRGIN WILL LIE AND STEAL DONT LET THEM REQUEST YOUR INFORMATION TO QUNATIFY HOW MUCH HAS BEEN STOLEN

https://sbcb.org.uk/get-held-info-on-you/

Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 14:50:15 +0000
Subject: Re: Your mobile copy bill dated 21 August 2017

Can you let me know
1) I have asked on numerous ocassions of all information held by you on me in numerous telephone calls. Can you confirm that the 12 statements you have provide is the ONLY informatuion you hold on me
If so why are breaking the law in not retaining the normal 6 years worth of information
If not why are you not complying with you legal obiligation to provide me with what I have requested
2) Why I am being charge for an international call which civered under EU legislation
 18:00 International call to
Republic of Ireland
00353749115*** 1:00 £0.60
18:00 International call to
Republic of Ireland
00353862679*** 54:00 £32.40

[MOD EDIT: For security personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please review the Forum Guidelines]
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Terri_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 13 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alexanderpolden,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received answers regarding your queries. I apologise for the time it's taken to respond to your post. I hope this has been sorted out for you since your post.

If you are still having an issue with this, please send me a private message by clicking this link: PM me here and provide the following details:

• Full name on the account
  • Mobile number

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

0 Kudos
domed
Joining in
Message 14 of 54
Flag for a moderator

What an absolute shambles!  Over the last 2 days I’ve spent 3 hours (half of it on hold) while the VM call centre tried to sort out mobile account changes only to cancel the service and leave my lads without any service on their phones.   When requested to be put through to a manager - its like you’re asking to be messed around with as straight back on hold until the call centre closed 20 mins later - then the call dropped.  I don’t think I’ve ever dealt with a worse provider - all my mobiles and my broadband service will now be moved off VMs.

Alexanderpolden
Tuning in
Message 15 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Can someone help

I have requested that I be provided with my SAR information on a number of ocassions.

I only get to speak to people in india who say I cant provide you with all you legally entitled information so therefore you can not have it

I make a complaint and nothing happens.

Please help i need to do this before my contract runs out and I leave for a proper poone company with

1) local branches

2) Cheaper calls in the USA (despite virgin have its own network there)

3) People who know what they are doing

If you know the answer of how i can get round the idiots at virgin to obtain my legal right of all information help in relation to me please let me know

IF ANYONE ELSE READS THIS I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT THAT YOU FOLLOW ANY ANSWERS ANDOBTAIN ALL THE DETAILS VIRGIN HOLD ON YOU.

THIS WILL AMKE YOU WANT TO LEAVE AND GO TO A PROPER PHONE COMPANY

Forum Team (Retired)
Message 16 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi domed,

Thanks for your post on the Community and welcome. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with with your mobile account. Apologies as well for the time it's taken to respond to your post. Has this been sorted out for you since your post? 

If you are still having an issue with this, please send me a private message by clicking this link: PM me here and provide the following details:

• Mobile number

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 17 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alexanderpolden,

Thanks for your post on the Community and welcome. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue obtaining the requested details. Apologies as well for the time it's taken to respond to your post. Has this been sorted out for you since your post? 

• Mobile number

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
plumbob36
Joining in
Message 18 of 54
Flag for a moderator

I wrote two letters of complaint to Matrix Court over a year ago and I am STILL waiting for a reply!!!

I never received acknowledgement within 48 hours (as stated) even though both these letters were sent recorded delivery!

I have been a Virgin customer for 20 years and up until 18 months ago (approx) I never had a problem with any complaints to Virgin.

I have three ( I did have four but one has been disconnected as I had not used the phone for some time) Virgin mobile accounts and previously had TV, Broadband and Landline with Virgin but due to moving to an area that does not have Virgin had to move to BT. However it seems that this may have been a good thing!

I am seriously thinking of moving from Virgin to another network for my mobiles.

I could go on about the promised return phone calls (numerous) that never happened.

Virgin Customer Service is non existent as far as I am concerned.

Forum Team (Retired) Daniel_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 19 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi plumbob36

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community forum.

I'm truly sorry to hear of the issues you've had and received no communication.

The best way to get things resolved would be giving us a call on 789 / 0345 600 0789 this way we can review your account and notes to see whats happened.

Thanks,

Daniel_G - Forum Team

Need help swapping your SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM here. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
R1100s
Joining in
Message 20 of 54
Flag for a moderator

I think the last response just typifies the state of VM at present. The entire post has people expressing dissatisfaction about the quiet frankly non-existing customer service you get when you phone the contact centre and the response is to phone them. Sorry, but that gets you nowhere and you waste hours of your life being lied to and promised the world, only for nothing to actually change. 

I too had 4 virgin mobile contracts and threatened to leave before. Finally followed through and I wish I did so years ago. I never had the need to call VM customer services but after my experience last summer a) trying to just get one contract to connect to let us use a phone in Europe and b) trying to find out why when we didn't get connected anywhere else through Europe, did we did get data access through Switzerland - and incur hefty charges - I decided that was enough. 

Yes my new contract is more expensive, but frankly its worth every penny. I stumbled across this post looking to find out how to escalate complaints so will be doing that but quiet frankly, Ofcom should be taking up the role as an ombudsman given one of the earlier posts demonstrates that the voluntary complaints escalation process is not working either.