Menu
rich40w
Tuning in
Message 1 of 62
Flag for a moderator

How can I complain about Virgin Mobile?

I am sick and tired of an appalling lack of customer service from the Virgin Media foreign call centres but cannot find a suitable way to complain; I would love to speak to a UK call centre but there does not seem to be an option and the retention team do not know how to handle a customer, instead infuriating me every time....any suggestions before I end up kicking Virgin Mobile into touch?

AlexKid
Community elder
Message 2 of 62
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How can I complain about Virgin Mobile?

Hi rich40w,

here is a guide to Virgin's complaints procedure: Consumer Complaints

Unfortunately there is no number that can guarantee connecting you to a UK advisor

You can try: 150 free from a Virgin Media line, 789 free from a Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 (standard rate call) from any other phone.

You can write to them at:

Complaints
Virgin Media
PO Box 333
Matrix Court
Swansea
SA7 9ZJ

Or web chat: Help and Support - Contact Us > Something else > Making a complaint mobile

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
rich40w
Tuning in
Message 3 of 62
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Alex,

I'll drop them a line via the good old post as all the phone options have always taken me to a foreign call centre where all they can do is follow a script and infuriate me more and more!!!!

Virgin really need to acknowledge that customer retention cannot be maintained by a foreign call centre!

barbara1232
Just joined
Message 4 of 62
Flag for a moderator

I think I forgot to make changes to my virgin package before I left the uk on holiday.My landline here allows me to make free calls to uk landlines but I don't haveone for virgin media.We have a virgin mobile.Can we dial 150 for free from France.Do we have to do anything first?So frustratedi

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 5 of 62
Flag for a moderator

@AlexKid wrote:

Hi rich40w,

here is a guide to Virgin's complaints procedure: Consumer Complaints

Unfortunately there is no number that can guarantee connecting you to a UK advisor

You can try: 150 free from a Virgin Media line, 789 free from a Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 (standard rate call) from any other phone.

You can write to them at:

Complaints
Virgin Media
PO Box 333
Matrix Court
Swansea
SA7 9ZJ

Or web chat: Help and Support - Contact Us > Something else > Making a complaint mobile

Tip: If you write, for heavens sake send it recorded delivery, or 'signed for' as then you have a record of it actually being received, because if you don't, VM will swear blind 'we have not received any complaint from you' even if they have.. they will also tell you 'it will take up to 28 days to deal with your complaint' but...be aware again, you may end up chasing them for any sort of reply, as they seem to 'forget' or 'mislay' (ignore?) paperwork on a regular basis at their end.. Been there, spent weeks and weeks chasing a complaint that VM kept on pretending they knew nothing about...

AlexKid
Community elder
Message 6 of 62
Flag for a moderator

@barbara1232 wrote:

I think I forgot to make changes to my virgin package before I left the uk on holiday.My landline here allows me to make free calls to uk landlines but I don't haveone for virgin media.We have a virgin mobile.Can we dial 150 for free from France.Do we have to do anything first?So frustratedi

Hi barbara1232,

as of today (5th June) you can use your UK Virgin Mobile abroad in the EU just as if you were here in the UK.

Otherwise the number to call from your landline would be +44345 454 1111.

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos
IanCPFC
Settling in
Message 7 of 62
Flag for a moderator

I have no mobile signal AGAIN.  Virgin Media is so frustrating.  I haven't been able to phone or text or receive calls or texts all day.  Their online chat is always busy and how can I ring them when I have no signal?

0 Kudos
AlexKid
Community elder
Message 8 of 62
Flag for a moderator

@IanCPFC wrote:

I have no mobile signal AGAIN.  Virgin Media is so frustrating.  I haven't been able to phone or text or receive calls or texts all day.  Their online chat is always busy and how can I ring them when I have no signal?

Hi IanCPFC,

webchat is not available for mobile issues. You will need to use another phone to call.

Freephone 150 from a Virgin Media line, 0345 6000 789 (standard rate call) from any other phone.

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos
debchris
Just joined
Message 9 of 62
Flag for a moderator

I am sick and tired of speaking to foreign staff, I spent 2 hours on the phone last night and an hour this morning and still not resolved a simple request of making a pay as you go SIM card into a monthly package, just a simple thing and not one customer service person could understand what  I wanted, it got me to the stage of screaming at them down the phone, I am so angry about the waste of time I have spent and still not resolved what I can see is a simple request. If I was speaking to a UK representative then this would have been resolved straight away, !!!!! I now have to get the courage to ring them yet again to go through all the same Bla bla bla again and PRAY that they understand what i want. PLEASE Virgin get UK staff as customer representatives as I am at the stage of cancelling all 5 contracts that I have had with you 

Forum Team (Retired) Terri_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 62
Flag for a moderator

Hi barbara1232,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. In order to contact Virgin Mobile from abroad, you'll need to call +447953967967(call charges apply). 

If you are having a problem with your mobile service, I'll be happy to help. 

Please provide the above information along with following details:

• Full name
  • Mobile number

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

0 Kudos