Menu
Wheatear
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Handset Repair

Disappointed retail shops are now closed. I have gone through the on-line fix pages and booked a repair, but there seems to be no mention of what happens next. Do I now wait for Virgin to send me a returns box? and if so how long do I need to wait for this to arrive? In the meantime, I am left without a phone …… not a happy bunny.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Handset Repair

Good afternoon, 

welcome to the forums, thank you for taking the time to post.  

I am sorry to hear that you haven't been informed of what happens next after you have applied for your handset to be repaired. 

We will send you out packaging to return your phone in, this normally gets sent to you within 48 hours. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
Wheatear
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Zak_M,

Just one final query: your email suggests that I carry out a Factory Reset before returning the handset to protect personal data. However, I am unable start the phone, and therefore cannot perform a factory reset. How can I protect my personal data?

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us.

What handset is it you're using please? We'd reset it when we receive it anyway but there would be a why to hard reset without being able to turn the phone on

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Wheatear
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi John_GS

My handset is a Samsung A40

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks 

You should be able to do it by following the information here, but we will ensure any data is wiped when it arrives. 

Also please don't send your SIM card in as this will be destroyed, you can keep this with you and use it in another phone where possible. If the handset does allow for any memory cards to be used then this is also something I would remove and keep with you, you also don't need to send in your charger. 

Once the handset has reached us we aim to have it fixed and back with you within three working days. If for any reason the phone can't be fixed, replaced or there will be a charge we will contact you using the details you provided when you ordered the repair. 

Please let us know how you get on and if you need any help in the meantime. 

:) 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Wheatear
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma_C,

Eventually managed to access the “Recovery Mode”, and deleted the cache. The phone has now started, but I have done this in the past, and subsequently still had problems starting the phone. I will put on charge, and monitor it over the next couple of days until I receive the return packaging.

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wheatear,

Thanks for letting us know. 

If you're still having problems, then please pop it in to the returns packaging and our team will look to repair it.

If you need anything in the mean time then please let us know.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos
Wheatear
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi, having eventually managed to re-set my handset using the instructions provided, it now appears to be working ok. Do I need to cancel the repair, or can I leave it open and hang on to the return packaging and Repair Form in case of a recurrence of the issue?

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wheatear,

I'm glad to hear that is working for you. 

We would recommend cancelling the order if you're not using it and re-ordering a new one when/if you need it. 

^Martin

0 Kudos