cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrating, can't seem to leave Virgin Mobile!

Gentleroar69
Joining in

Hi, I'm trying to leave Virgin mobile. When I follow the online instructions to select 'Switching' from the options, it takes me to a page which states 'Oops we can't find the page you're looking for', call me cynical but it's almost as if you want to make it hard for people to leave.

How do I go about leaving then if your website doesn't work?, having had a recent throat operation I cannpt talk on the phone at the moment so would like to do this online.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your time on PM Gentleroar69.

I am very happy we have been able to get this sorted for you. If you have any questions or concerns in the future, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Thanks 

Nat

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Gentleroar69

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving us. Do you get this same error code on different browsers? Try not to use Chrome where possible. Please also try clearing your cache and cookies. Let me know if this has helped gain access to the webpage. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thanks for the reply, I've now tried with Chrome, Safari and Firefox, emptied cookies too and still get the same Oops, can't find the page error, does it work for you or anyone else?: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-mobile-keep-your-mobile-number?_gl=1*qrve91*_ga*MTY0NzYzNTI0...

What to do next?

Thanks

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Quick check on my mobile and you are right.

I see you went for keeping your number. You could try this

How to switch provider and take my number

If you’d like to take your number with you to your new mobile provider, you’ll need a PAC.

To get a PAC: simply text ‘PAC’ and your date of birth (in DD/MM/YYYY format) to 65075

For example: PAC 01/03/1984

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, thanks for the reply, I'm not actually bothered about keeping my number but will doing what you suggest cancel my Virgin contract?

Appreciated

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Well you would have to give that code to a new supplier, but yes, once the transfer takes place your Virgin account ends.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Great, thanks, I'll try that

Hi @Gentleroar69

I can see @enlli has kindly provided the text steps to request your PAC code. This will work if you only have one mobile number on your account. If you have more, then please let us know and we'll be able to assist further. 

Thank you very much for your help again @enlli, always appreciated 🙂 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

I do only have one mobile number, can you confirm that if I take those steps that my Virgin account will then be terminated?

Thanks

Once the port is completed to the new provider the account would be closed - however balance would depend if you're in a contract and it won't impact any loans you have, they'll still be valid. You would also receive a final bill for any days usage up until the day the port was completed. 

Do you know if you are still in contract or have any loan agreement still valid? 

Here to help 🙂
Carley