Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Frustrated Mobile Customer

Having been a Virgin PAYG customer for many years (often spending £0.00 in a month) I decided to bite the bullet and buy a reconditioned iPhone and a Virgin Sim-only offer, with a 1GB monthly allowance. I called them, they sent me a new Sim card and I put it into my iPhone on 8 November. I have recieved no contract.  What I don't remember their telling me was that using the new set-up would be under the PAYG contract until my next billing date. So for eleven days I exceeded my non-existent PAYG internet usage allowance and incurred a daily charge of £3.00. During that period my bill shows I used only 398.9 MB. As others have found, it is virtually impossible to have a serious conversation with Virgin. Having spent about eight hours on Friday having an exchange of text messages, I nearly lost the will to live. I presume that if I reject the contract now, I shall be in for twelve monthly installments? Any helpful advice? Others be warned.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Frustrated Mobile Customer

Hi Arthur494,

Welcome to the community forums and thank you very much for reaching out. We are very sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced. Have you had any further development since your post at all? If not, are you able to when the new sim only agreement began or when it is due to begin? 

Kind regards,

Louis

0 Kudos