cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free gift iPad received but not expected - is this a scam?

Gary-C-1971
Joining in

Today I have received an unexpected parcel containing an Apple Ipad Pro. Parcel was addressed to myself at my usual address.

The parcel was delivered by Yodel, says it is from "GXO" in Wellingborough, it has a shipment ref no and a sender ref (O1899611) but the line saying Customer no. is blank. Inisde the box is a virgin media SIM

I do have an account with Virgin Media for broadband, TV and landline (but not mobile) but have not ordered an iPad.

The inside of the box lid contains information pertaining to this being a free gift, with link to Virgin's free gift FAQ page etc.

I had not received any e-mails or other communications stating that I would be receiving a free gift.

This is a complete mystery to me and I am obviously concerned that it is a scam - i.e. ordered by somebody who has hijacked my identity and I may later be billed for it.

I've logged into my Virgin account and nothing on there relating to this package and no evidence that the account has been hacked into either (as presumably if that was the case they would change the e-mail address on there, which is still my regular e-mail.)

How can I find out if this a genuine Virgin free gift?

I cannot find any live chat or e-mail contact anywhere on Virgin's website.

1 REPLY 1

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Gary-C-1971, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear of any concern that receiving an unexpected parcel from ourselves, may have caused you.  I would like to take a closer look on your behalf, so I can offer some clarification and hopefully, reassurance.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R