Menu
caudwell75
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Free SIM

Hi

We got the free SIM with our package and not used it, it's been about 10 months and now our contract is up with our current provider we decided to use this SIM. Problem we are having is that we can't set up an online account to view details and keep old number. Asks for password but this was never set up when we got the package. Looks like this has been an issue before can anyone help or anyone from virgin able to sort this please

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free SIM

Morning @caudwell75

Welcome to the community page and thanks for posting this on here. 

Sorry to hear you're having some issues but we can certainly look into this for you. 

Just to confirm, when were you a Virgin Media customer with us? 

You wouldn't be able to access your account now as this does go after 90 days meaning that it wouldn't recognise your details any more, but are you planning to come back with us to use the SIM card? 

Do you know if there was an expiration for the SIM card? 

Please do let me know 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
caudwell75
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

We joined virgin media in May 2020 just didn't use the sim due to current phone contract. The SIM works as we did put it in the phone but just can't set up a mobile account. We have since taken the SIM back out until we can get this sorted.

Many thanks 

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for posting back. 

I see, so would you like to set up a my virgin media mobile account? 

I will pop you over a PM just so we can look at this more closely. 

At the top right hand corner of your screen, you should see a purple envelope, click on that and it will take you to PM's 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @caudwell75

I have PM'd you as well but this has all been done for you. 

It should be up and working within the next 24 hours but please do let us know if there are any issues and we are more than happy to help. 

Hope you have a fab day! 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

0 Kudos