Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Fraudulent phone account set up

Someone has set up a new phone account in my husbands name, with our account details, registered to our old address. We moved out 4 months ago but luckily have a redirection so have been receiving the letters and immediately stopped the direct debit set up on our bank account. We alerted Virgin Media, explained the situation, asked to speak to the fraud team, but are getting absolutely nowhere, they keep trying to get my husband to pass security on an account he didn't set up! And it seems they didn't even put a stop on the phone account as today he received a letter saying the account is now in arrears, can adversely affect credit rating etc. Having googled this situation it seems we're not the only ones this has happened to. Please can anyone advise who best to contact, other than police which I now feel is a good idea given Virgin have done absolutely nothing and let this phone account go on. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fraudulent phone account set up

Sorry to hear that Debz99

I want to get straight at it and look into this for you, I will need to send a private message to get some details from you.

Thanks Joe_F

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fraudulent phone account set up