Menu
Mark_G66
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Fraudulent activity on my mobile account

I recently regained access to an email account that I had been locked out from for some time and found an email stating that I owed Virgin £1196 for a handset loan. On seeing this I checked my mobile account and saw that there were two numbers that I didn’t recognise that had replaced my both my wife’s and daughter’s numbers.

Having seen this I called Virgin and the agent said that at least one of the numbers was for an iphone which worried me even more as we don’t have any iphones in the house. She said that she would raise a ticket with the fraud team and that I could expect to hear something in the next 48 hours. Satisfied with that response I said thanks very much and waited but disappointingly no call materialised.

Approximately a week later I rang again and the agent confirmed that a ticket had been raised and again said that I would be contacted in 48 hours. Yet again this didn’t happen so I am looking for help on how to get my account sorted as quite frankly I am appalled by the Customer Service that I have experienced.

Thanks

Mark 

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fraudulent activity on my mobile account

Hi Mark_G66, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for getting in touch.

I am very sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with some of the activity on an account with us.

In order to investigate this matter further, I will need to confirm a few details with you via a private message. 

The message will be available to you via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat
0 Kudos
Mark_G66
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Appreciate the response. Have DM'd the requested details

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you 🙂 

I have your message now.

Speak soon

Nat
0 Kudos
Mark_G66
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

To all the forum team particularly Nat who have helped me get this sorted thanks so much.

I just wish the telephone agents had been as equally helpful but I know where to come if I have issues now.

All the best

Mark

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the feedback Mark.  

As you already know, if you need help in the future, our fantastic community and forum staff are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos