Menu
Shaneany
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Fraudulent account set up in my name.

Hey, I have not been able to get to the bottom of something. I have had a fraudulent account set up in my name.

I found this out using equifax and it says I have a load of outstanding payments, this is directly affecting my credit score. I contested this with virgin media via equifax apparently virgin media responded, saying all the information is correct! How? I don't even have a virgin media account!

I phoned up virgin media and they told me it was a pay-as-you-go account set up in my name, and there was £15 outstanding for like the last 3 years. I have no account in my name, nor any possible information of the account to get rid. Can someone help me?

I have been passed left right and centre with no real email, phone number or even an intelligent response to how I can get this resolved. Unfortunately at my wits end. Hopefully someone can help. I want to rid this nonsense from my credit report.

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fraudulent account set up in my name.

Hi @Shaneany

Sorry to hear about this, thanks for taking your time to post on the community forum.

I'm going to private message you now to collect a few more details and get this sorted! Please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos