Menu
Fran1952
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Fraudulent Mobile account

Hi- I have recently come to notice a direct debit being set up to Virgin Mobile which alerted me to a possible problem.

I checked my credit file and found an account with Virgin Mobile.

I immediately contacted VM and advised this as fraud. I was by Catherine on the 4/11/20 the “back office” would contact me within 48hrs. Needless to say, that never happened. 

I contacted them again, following a further credit file check and told the fraud team would contact me in 5days....more worryingly, there is no record of the first phone call. That was the 19th December.

Still nothing from Virgin who are absolutely appalling and seem clueless. Having researched this, it seems to be a reoccurring problem with VM fobbing off people where fraud is concerned. 

So, I’m appealing to the community what else I can do to get VM to pull their fingers out and actually do something!! 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fraudulent Mobile account

Good morning @Fran1952 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that there has been some issues with this. 

Are you able to let me know, are you a virgin media customer?  Have you had an account with us previously? Please can you also let me know if you were provided a reference number for the fraud case? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Fran1952
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Zak_M
No, I’ve never been a Virgin customer, and therefore don’t have an account number. 

I have also not been provided any reference numbers as your fraud department haven’t contacted me. Quite shocking really!

I don’t seem to get anywhere with resolving this and now have debt collectors pestering me. 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for confirming that for me. 

I am going to drop you a PM so that I can get some information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Fran1952
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Over 3months passed and I’ve heard NOTHING from Virgin. 

They’ve logged defaults and illegally passed the account to debt collectors despite it being in dispute.

Virgin really are a disgrace. I’ve spent hours talking to their “customer service” agents and not one of them have followed through.

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hello Fran1952

Really sorry to hear you've not received any contact from us in regards to the concerns you raised back in December of 2020, we can understand the concern and frustration this is causing. From reading through your thread I can see you were offered a Private Message from Zak_M, did you receive this and reply at all? They would appear at the top of the page with a number next to the purple envelope (you would need to be signed in for this to show)

If not, please let me know and I'll be happy to look into this further for you.

Rob

0 Kudos
Fran1952
Tuning in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Yes Rob, I received a private message from Zak who completed a form and nothing ever happened.

Numerous letters and phone calls and nothing...although quick to respond to comments made in public.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sorry to hear that you have not received an update, Fran1952. I'll get this chased up for you.

0 Kudos
Fran1952
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I won’t hold my breath - I’ve heard this countless times. 

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, Fran1952, but I can assure you that it is being worked on and will have an update for you soon. 

0 Kudos