Menu
Fran1952
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Fraudulent Mobile account

Hi- I have recently come to notice a direct debit being set up to Virgin Mobile which alerted me to a possible problem.

I checked my credit file and found an account with Virgin Mobile.

I immediately contacted VM and advised this as fraud. I was by Catherine on the 4/11/20 the “back office” would contact me within 48hrs. Needless to say, that never happened. 

I contacted them again, following a further credit file check and told the fraud team would contact me in 5days....more worryingly, there is no record of the first phone call. That was the 19th December.

Still nothing from Virgin who are absolutely appalling and seem clueless. Having researched this, it seems to be a reoccurring problem with VM fobbing off people where fraud is concerned. 

So, I’m appealing to the community what else I can do to get VM to pull their fingers out and actually do something!! 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fraudulent Mobile account

Good morning @Fran1952 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that there has been some issues with this. 

Are you able to let me know, are you a virgin media customer?  Have you had an account with us previously? Please can you also let me know if you were provided a reference number for the fraud case? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Fran1952
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Zak_M
No, I’ve never been a Virgin customer, and therefore don’t have an account number. 

I have also not been provided any reference numbers as your fraud department haven’t contacted me. Quite shocking really!

I don’t seem to get anywhere with resolving this and now have debt collectors pestering me. 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for confirming that for me. 

I am going to drop you a PM so that I can get some information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos