Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Fraud - need help

I noted that I had a payment of approx £6 each month leaving my account for a Virgin mobile account. Although I am a Virgin Media customer, I do not have a Virgin Mobile. I called Virgin Mobile back in end of Nov/ early Dec 2019 who confirmed that there was an active number in use. However, as i didn't have the security information they could not get into the account. As i confirmed that i didn't have a phone with them, they did say they would terminate the number. I said I would report this to my bank and cancel the payment, which they did. My bank said they would contact Virgin for comment. I then also submitted a complaint to Virgin detailing the issues. I received an automated email from the Virgin Complaints Team on 06 Dec 2019 saying the matter was being looked into. I have heard nothing since. Today I have received a letter from a debt collection agency who have been instructed by Virgin Mobile to collect an amount outstanding for an active Virgin Mobile phone. The debt collector said to email fraudpreventionteam@virgin.co.uk but looking at some of the forum threads here i don't have much confidence that will get it sorted. I am obviously VERY concerned about my credit score having a debt collection agency after me. I need help getting Virgin Media to cease and desist and correct the matter. Please help. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fraud - need help

Hi Robinuk75, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm really sorry to hear that you've had payments coming out from your account for an account you don't have. I can assure you this ins't the level of service we aim to provide and it's disappointing to learn of instances like this. 

As you've advised it isn't your account we wouldn't be able to discuss any details but we can take the correct action to ensure this is dealt with. 

What I will need to do is pop you a personal message and take some information to be able to locate the account and take things from there. 

I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos