Menu
lisaread72
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Fraud in my name

Getting to the end of my tether now. Approx 4 years ago I noticed there were multiple direct debits coming from my account only to find out it was because there were 2 mobile accounts set up in my name. I remember calling numerous times and getting through to people who had no clue what they were talking about. I finally got someone to look into it who said they would be removed from my credit file. Fast forward 4 years and I tried to join you for broadband again as I had been with you before only to be told there was adverse data, so I checked my credit file again and not only were the original 2 NOT removed but there is no a further 5. 2 of them are showing as paid on time every month right up until now but there is not one direct debit from virgin media/mobile on my bank account. This has absolutely destroyed my credit score now and I am also unable to get internet from yourselves so I am stuck with 2mbps BT. This is not acceptable in the slightest. I have given you ample oppurtunity to sort this out. I called again about a week ago just to be asked for the password after I just explained the account was fraudulent. He then put the phone down and this is what I have been dealing with while trying to get YOU to sort this out. Also how have further mobile accounts been set up when the first two were in arrears. Something is going on here and I want it resolved. This is the final time I will be contacting you before I complain to the ombudsman and raise multiple disputes with the credit reference agencies because you do not seem able to get this sorted. Either that or you are waiting for it to go away. I would suggest having at least someone in your call centre who can understand the situation and what I am saying instead of asking for a password 10 times that doesnt exist and then putting the phone down when he doesnt get his own way. 4 Years is ridiculous and I want the changes to my credit file reversed. 

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fraud in my name

Good Afternoon lisaread72,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see of the multiple issues you've been having with Virgin Media and your credit file.

Can you tell me if you've E-Mailed out Credit File Amendments team previously in regards to this?

Do you also have any references to complaints that you've previously raised with us?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
lisaread72
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I didnt even know you had credit amendments team first of all. But they arent going to take it off when you haven't investigated the issue? I keep getting told customer services is also the fraud department. I have not raised a complaint as of yet. Is there anything that can be done here to get the ball rolling for me?..

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If this isn't already with our fraud team I'll pop you over a private message now so we can raise this with the fraud team. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos