cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Financial account has soft lock

lspen
Settling in

I am out of contract and wanted to look at options to change my plan. When I try to do so, it says 'This action cannot be carried out as the Financial Account has a soft lock active. I don't know what this means or why my account is blocked. I have been with Virgin for years and years and never missed any payments.

7 REPLIES 7

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @lspen,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm really sorry to hear that there's a bit of an issue trying to change your plan. Have you received any communications regarding a network migration recently?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thank you for replying so quickly. Weirdly, I have just found a message about my plan moving from Virgin Mobile to O2 from May - I didn't receive it before as it has oddly been sent to an old email address, not my current email address on my Virgin account. Would this be the reason for the soft lock?

Hi @lspen,

Thank you for checking and confirming. If you're mid-migration then I'm afraid there would be a temporary lock on making some account changes, including a package change, to avoid any potential problems occurring.

Does the communication you've received state when we expect this may be complete for you?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Ah, I see, thank you. I was a bit confused as I didn't ask for the migration and didn't know about it as the email went to the old address. The email says that the new plan is effective from 12th May.

I was actually wanting to switch to a cheaper plan, possibly with another provider. I presume that the soft lock won't stop me cancelling and switching if I decide to do that now, or do I have to wait until after 12th May?

Hi @lspen,

I do apologise for any confusion and inconvenience caused by this. The communication you received should contain more details on why this is happening.

You won't be able to stay on your current Virgin Mobile plan, but the good news is the O2 plan you're moving to will cost the same or less than your current Virgin Mobile plan. You'll also get either double the data or unlimited data for the same price, and you're already using the O2 network with Virgin Mobile.

If you want to discuss a potential cancellation, however, then it'd be best to reach out to the retentions team on 0345 6000 789 (or 789 from a Virgin Mobile handset) and they can outline your options. We won't be able to process a cancellation from here I'm afraid.

Let us know how you get on either way, and if you need any further assistance with anything.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Many thanks for your help, that's been really useful.

Enjoy your day!

Hi @lspen,

You're more than welcome. We're here to help if you need us.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team