cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email from VM stating I have been overcharged

m00g
Superfast

Received email today from Virgin Mobile stating how they have overcharged on one of two handsets/airtime contracts and that a refund of some £25.76 plus interest will be credited to account and credit file updated to reflect this.

Now i consider myself fairly savvy and this email looks, reads and feels legit. So on the advice from the email I called customer services who said they cannot find any information about this.

ALL of the account details including last six digits of the number affected are correct within the email. But here is the rub, BOTH of the numbers on this account were taken out at the same time, both charges for handsets are identical and both airtime charges are identical. So if one is affected why has the other not been affected?

Can someone at Virgin Towers please tell me what the senders (Virgin Mobile) outgoing email address is so that I can verify if this is legit, if not legit has the account been compromised? If so how?

2 REPLIES 2

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi m00g 👋

Thanks for your post, and welcome back to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've had some hesitancy with an email you receive. I'm going to drop you a private message, so I can look into this further for you.

Please look out for my PM in the top-right, purple envelope.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece,

Thanks for confirming legitimacy but please pm in reply.