Menu
Buckstar
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Do you know if my sim-swap sim is on the way? And will it work with my Nokia 1100? Thank you

Hi there, sorry to bother you. I was just wondering if someone could confirm my new sim is on the way, and that it will work in my phone?

I did not receive a letter with a new sim, as even though I've used my sim for years, till now I've never registered for a Virgin account or anything like that. I think I literally just bought the PAYG sim in co op and put it in my phone and used it right away.
So as I haven't been registered I got no letter with a sim. (But I did get some texts saying about a new sim card.)

I realised I needed to get in touch, so last week I filled in an online form I found, to get a new sim, and it seemed to go through successfully (at first it said submitted successfully) but then it seemed to change and said it was unsuccessful. So to be on the safe side I filled in the form again. But I am worried the form might have reverted to unsuccessful again. That page said it takes 3 days to sort a new sim.

Also reading the forums here I am worried perhaps the sim won't work in my mobile.

I don't hear well, so I literally only ever use my phone to receive texts from companies like PayPal to verify log-ins, or Take Away companies to confirm orders, and that sort of thing.

Right now I am actually locked out of my PayPal account (which is not ideal as really I need to use it daily for work) because I need to receive a text to my phone to confirm it's me before I can log in. But I can't because my phone doesn't work till I get my new sim haha.

Sorry if this is long, I am not the best person at making sense.

To summarise:
I was just wondering if

1. Someone could check my form went through and a new sim is on the way to me.
    and
  2. That if/when my new sim arrives it will actually work in my phone (Nokia 1100).
    (And if not, is there any advice for what I should do?)

Thank you very much.

Alex
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Do you know if my sim-swap sim is on the way? And will it work with my Nokia 1100? Thank you

Hi there Alex (@Buckstar)

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - sorry that you're having some concern and worry about your new SIM. We've not been able to locate your account from your forum information so as yet have been unable to check if the SIM request was accepted - sorry about that. 

What I'll do is pop you a quick Private Message so we can take some details from you and take a closer look. Please look for the Purple Envelope in the top right hand corner and pop me a reply when you can. 

In the meantime, we can advised that if the new SIM does not work in your handset, we can then look for an unlock code for you; this can be done via an online form if  you wish. If after the unlock code hasn't worked, we can then look to send you a free of charge replacement handset in which your new SIM will work.

You're also welcome to purchase your own handset if you so wish

Hope  to hear back from you soon. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Buckstar
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Do you know if my sim-swap sim is on the way? And will it work with my Nokia 1100? Thank you

Hi Katie thank you very much for your helpful reply!
I will reply to your message ^_^

0 Kudos