cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desperately trying to resolve an account problem - Virgin Media stole money from account and denied it

coolguydudeman
Joining in

Hi,

I have been a customer with virgin mobile since 2008 and always recall a pleasant experience dealing with customer service. However, I have found my recent experiences quite frankly appalling to the point where I am now seriously considering just canceling my services altogether.

Background:

My direct debit information became out of date a few months ago when I changed banks, so I called into your call center and was transferred over to the Philippines to a lady with broken English. After great effort, I eventually managed to give them the new details and I was told everything had been updated. However, the following month, another email arrives telling me that my account is in debt and I need to update my direct debit details.

I contacted the call center yet again to provide additional details (one again I was connected to the Philippines). After great difficulty, the lady I spoke with eventually told me that the direct debit details were updated. She then attempted to take payment of the outstanding balance and told me that the payment failed. So she tried once more, again failed. However, I could see in front of me the transactions taking place in my Wise app. I attempted to inform her that the payments had in fact came out and she denied it saying that no payment could be made (despite the fact I could see in front of me the transactions popping up on my Wise bank account app and my balance showing deductions).

Virgin media subsequently (presumably automatically) refunded one of these erroneous charges a week later. However, the first payment they took was not returned and has not been deducted from my outstanding balance.

I am working overseas and do not currently have access to my UK phone number. In addition, I do not have my password so I cannot log into my account to update these details myself. When I attempt to reset my password, the system sends my mobile number a verification code (which I do not have any way to receive).

I just want to speak to someone in the UK who can resolve this for me. It seems every time I try to call the center I am transferred straight to the Philippines. I simply cannot continue speaking with these people who quite clearly are unable to resolve my problem.

Can somebody please help?

2 REPLIES 2

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello coolguydudeman,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with your payments.
I'd like to take a look into this for you and make sure the payments and Direct Debits are resolved 
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

coolguydudeman
Joining in
FYI - The direct debit details have still not updated - I have received yet another email today saying my account is in debt.